Tough Guy - Model Type 1.DOT - Floating Turbidty Barriers
From Turbidity Barriers
Type I.DOT Floating Turbidity Barriers is the most frequently specified Floating Turbidity Barriers in the Tough Guy line. It is recommended for construction sites located in protected areas that are exposed only to light winds and to current velocities of less than one foot per second. This type of site may include ponds, shallow lakes, small streams and marshes.
Fabric - 18 oz. nominal laminated vinyl/polyester having the following characteristics:
- Construction - vinyl laminate on 9X9 1000 x 1300 denier polyester scrim
- Weight - 18.5 oz. per sq. yd. (434 gr./sq. m.)
- Adhesion - 24 x 20 lb./2”
- Grab Tensile - 410 x 410 lb./in. (430 x 421 daN/5cm.)
- Tongue Tear - 100 x 100 lb. (95 x 95 daN)
- Hydrostatic - 600 psi (4167 kPa)
- Cold resistance to crack: -40° F/C
- All seams heat sealed
- 5/8 inch diameter poly rope reinforced vertical edges
- #4 brass grommets
- 1/4 in. galvanized chain ballast
- EPS flotation, 6 in. x 6 in., 13.5 lb./ft. buoyancy in fresh water and 14.4 lb./ft buoyancy in saltwater.