Tough Guy - Model Type 2. DOT - Floating Turbidty Barriers
From Turbidity Barriers
Type 2. DOT Floating Turbidity Barriers is the work horse of the Tough Guy line. It has a top load cable and special stress plates for reinforcing the corners and is designed to handle more severe conditions. It is recommended for lakes, streams, inter-coastal and tidal areas where current velocities up to five feet per second are expected.
The anchorage and installation must be designed to meet the site conditions. Contact a qualified engineer for assistance when extraordinary site conditions are encountered. Barrier sections are connected by rope lacing or nylon ties which can be furnished by L & M Supply.
Fabric - 18 oz. nominal laminated vinyl/ polyester having the following characteristics:
- Construction - vinyl laminate on 9x9 1000x1300 denier polyester scrim
- Weight – 18.5 oz. per sq. yd (434 gr./sq.m)
- Adhesion – 24 x 20 lb./2”
- Grab Tensile – 410 x 410 lb./in. (430 x 421 daN/5cm.)
- Tear - 100 x 100 lb./in. (95 x 95 daN)
- Hydrostatic – 600 psi (4167 kPa)
- Cold resistance to crack: -40° F/C
All seams heat sealed
- 5.8 inch poly rope reinforced vertical edges
- #5 brass grommets
- 5/16 inc. galvanized steel in plastic sleeve 7 x 19 load cable in top, 9800 lb. break strength (4439 daN)
- 5/16 in. galvanized chain ballast in bottom
- Aluminum stress plates at cable and chain termination
- EPS flotation, (8 in. x 8 in. standard), 26.7 lb./ft. buoyancy in fresh water, 28.4 lb./ft in saltwater.