ToughSonic - Model REMOTE 14 - Remote Water Level Sensor
The ToughSonic REMOTE 14 is a remote water level sensor with a maximum range of 14 feet (4.3 meters). This digital sensor is designed for accuracy and long-termultrasonic liquid level sensors in stainless steel durability in remote monitoring applications. With a stainless steel housing, full epoxy potting and IP68 rating, it withstands the most demanding environmental conditions. It uses up to 21 percent less energy in solar and battery-powered applications. It also includes Senix Lightening Guard,with protection for electrical transients up to 7Kv on both power and communication circuits. The ToughSonic REMOTE 14 is fully configurable using SenixVIEW software. The ToughSonic REMOTE family of sensors are specified by some of the largest and most sophisticated irrigation, flood management and remote monitoring organizations in the world.
The ToughSonic REMOTE 14 is available with one of the following Modbus serial data interfaces.
- RS-232 Modbus RS-232 serial data interface
- RS-485 Modbus RS-485 serial data interface
- Custom SenixVIEW configurations can be pre-loaded.
- Alternative cable type, length and connections are available.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Tough with:
- Type 316 stainless steel housing.
- Sealed epoxy potting for immersion protection.
- Rugged piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer.
- 75% better surge protection than IEC 61000-4-5
- Hardened internal electronics.
- UV resistant, potted-in cable.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Smart with:
- SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software controlling more than 60 performance parameters, and dozens of viewing, analysis and maintenance options.
- Addressable Modbus RTU
- ASCII or phased high-speed, multi-sensor data collection for special applications.
Maximum Range : 14 feet (4.3 meters)
Optimum Range : 4 inches - 10 feet (102 millimeters - 3 meters)
Temperature : -40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)
Humidity : 0 to 100% operating
Protection : NEMA-4X, NEMA-6P, IP68
Transducer : Ruggedized piezoelectric
Compensation : Temperature compensated
Resolution : Digital: 0.0034 inches (0.086 millimeters)
Repeatability : Nominal 0.2% of range @ constant temp. Affected by target, distance, environment
Update Rate : 20 Hz (50 ms), SenixVIEW adjustable; also affected by SenixVIEW filter selections
Serial Data Interface
Interface : RS-232 or RS-485 (by model)
Baud Rate : 9600, adjustable to 115200
Format : 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity
Protocols : Addressable Modbus RTU (default) ASCII Streaming (single sensor) Extended protocols for custom applications
Measure Options : Continuous measure (rate adjustable) Measure on Poll
Mounting : M30X1.5 thread
Attached Cable : PUR, 6.5 feet (2 meters)
Total Weight : 10.4 ounces (0.29 kilograms)
Housing : 316 Stainless Steel