Trace2o - Model HMUV1825 - UV Digester
Surface and ground water can contain complex organic compounds, originating from vegetation, animals, biological effluents, soils etc. These organic compounds bond with metal ions, rendering them electrochemically inactive, and thus the metal cannot be detected using a Metalyser instrument.
The HMUV1825 UV Digester uses dual-wavelength UV light to break down and denature the organic compounds, releasing the heavy metal ions into solution for subsequent detection using a Metalyser instrument.
The digester uses easy-clean Tygon tubing, and incorporates a programmable countdown timer with audible alarm system, permitting variable length digestion procedures. Sample volumes can be varied between 50mL and 250mL depending on the requirements of the user. The operation can be verified using the convenient UV-protected inspection window. The lamp is user-replaceable, and the lamp housing incorporates a safety interlock switch to assist in protecting users from damaging UV light.
The compact unit, comprising integrated peristaltic sampling pump, UV lamp with inspection window, and built-in countdown timer, is all housed in a waterproof carry case. The portable version, the HMUV1825P, utilises a companion portable power pack that provides a 240V AC 30W supply, housed in a waterproof enclosure, allowing easy use for digestion requirements in the field.
- Integrated recirculating peristaltic pumping system
- Built-in timer with audible alarm system
- Waterproof enclosure and accompanying portable power pack
- Sample is repeatedly exposed to intense UV light throughout digestion, facilitating the breakdown of more complex molecules
- Fully programmable digestion cycle enabling completely automated operation for time-efficient analysis
- Field-ready equipment for easy digestion in remote locations
- Power: 220 - 240V AC 50/60Hz 20W IEC fused mains inlet
- UV Lamp: 185nm/254nm dual wavelength, 4W
- Sample volume: 50 – 250 mL
- Sample type: Potable, surface and ground water
- Application: Digestion of water samples, for subsequent detection of heavy metal content (not suitable for water treatment applications)
- Tubing: 4mm O/D 2mm I/D Tygon tubing
- Approvals: Waterproof enclosure to IP67; CE Mark
- HMUV1825: Dimensions: 300mm (L) x 3249mm (W) x 196mm (D); net weight: 4Kg
- Portable Power Pack: Dimensions: 300mm (L) x 249mm (W) x 196mm (D); net weight: 7.5Kg
- Soil Extraction Kits : For use with existing Metalyser systems, our Soil Extraction Kits are the ideal solution for expanding your heavy metal screening capabilities to encompass soil and sediment analysis.
- HMPSEK : The Portable Soil Extraction Kit includes all accessories and consumables for extracting metals from soil, into an aqueous state, for analysis using a Metalyser instrument. The full set of equipment, including portable balance, mixer, weighing apparatus, digestant reagents and cleaning tools, is packaged in a waterproof carry case for easy use in the field.
- HMLSEK : The Laboratory Soil Extraction Kit is designed for use with the Metalyser Benchtop instruments, offering all necessary digestion equipment and consumables, whilst eliminating common laboratory apparatus, allowing laboratory analysis at a significantly reduced cost. The mixer connects neatly to the port on the rear of an existing Benchtop unit, allowing digestion and analysis to be controlled using a single PC.