TRIME - Model T3/IPH54 - Borehole Probe
In comparison to the standard borehole probe T3 with max. 3m cable length, the T3/IPH54 with integrated TDR-electronic (IPH – Integrated-Probe-Head) can be installed up to 50m depth. The borehole diameter of 54mm enables deeper boreholes inside rock or concrete. The high protection degree with the encapsulated probe inside pottant guarantee the installation over long time (years) under harsh environmental conditions. IMKO was the first manufacturer of TDR measuring techniques to offer TDR borehole probes especially designed for water content profiling. For the first time ever, the rapid, routine and non-destructive measurements of water content profiles is possible without the use of hazardous radioactive materials.
- Perfect for applications in deeper rock or concrete, up to 50m depth with a borehole diameter of 54mm.
- TRIME-IPH54 can be connected directly to the DataPilot, the TRIME-HD handmeasurement device or via network or analog output to dataloggers.
- With integrated TDR-electronic the probe can be completly encapsulated with pottant inside the borehole that no water penetrates inside the bore hole. It is secured that the T3/IPH54 probe can measure over long time (years) installation.
- for measuring at multiple points inside the bore hole it is possible to connect several T3/IPH54 in series, one after another via the IMP232-Bus (Imko-Bus).
- Network capability, up to 60 T3/IPH54 can be connected in network configuration via the IMP232-Bus.
How to install the T3/IPH54 borehole probe inside rock or concrete?
Bring in an unruffled flat borehole (up to 50m depth) with a diameter of 54mm (+2mm) inside rock or concrete where the T3/IPH54 probe can be completely encapsulated inside the borehole with pottant. With the pottant it is secured that no water penetrates inside the borehole and the T3/IPH54 probe can measure over long time (years) installation. Before encapsulating the borehole with pottant it is necessary to check the T3/IPH54 concerning reliable measurement values. There should be no sand or small stones between the probe and the surface of the borehole.
- borehole diameter of 54mm (+2mm)
- up to 50m borehole depth
- secured encapsulating of the probe with pottant
- for measuring at multiple points inside the borehole it is possible to connect several T3/IPH54 in series, one after another via the IMP232-Bus (Imko-Bus).
- for a bottom-up borehole installation IMKO can deliver special equipment with packer probe, hydraulic pump for pottant, etc.
- Network capability, up to 60 T3/IPH54 can be connected in network configuration.
- Power supply: 7…15VDC
- Supply current: 8mA standby, 200mA during 10 sec. measuring time
- Measuring range: 0…70%
- Accuracy: Range 0..40% +-1%
- Range 40…70% +-2%
- Repeating accuracy: +-0,3%
- Conductivity range: 0…5mS/cm
- Size: 400mm and ø54mm
- Cable length: max. 50m (on request)
- Temperature range: -15° ….50°C
- Interfaces: IMP232 Micronet or RS232/V24
- Analog output: 0..1V or 0..20mA or 4…20mA
- Calibration data: free configurable
- Probe body: waterproof sealed PVC (IP68)