TriSonica - Mini Weather Sensor
For those that require a miniature, lightweight, low velocity anemometer, for that small location or for use on that small drone, we now have a new TriSonicaTM - Mini Weather Sensor, manufactured by AnemomentTM. It has a measurement path of just 35 mm and a weight of 50 grams. Owing to its small size, it is a bare bones type of instrument, just wind speed, direction, and sonic temperature, no extras. The TriSonicaTM - Mini Weather Sensor can also provide measurements of all three dimensions of air flow. The open path provides the least possible distortion of the wind field.
Four measurement paths provide a redundant measurement. The path with the most distortion is removed from the calculations to provide accurate wind measurements.
Data emulation allows for the direct connection to existing data loggers and systems without costly changes to associated electronics. Data output is factory set to user requirements and includes the emulation of many common types of wind sensors.
- No moving parts
- Digital outputs
- Time proven design
- Replaces many other anemometers
- Low power
- Solid-state digital operation
- Small Size
- Light Weight
- Wind Speed & Wind Direction Output
- Three Axes Orthogonal Outputs (U, V, W)
- Sonic Temperature
- Custom Formats – Custom output formats are available for large quantity orders.
- Color – The standard color is white, but other colors are available upon request.
- Mounting – The base can be adapted to provide a mount to a variety of structures. Check with the factory for available options.
- Pipe Mount has the same features and functionality you have come to expect in the TriSonicaTM Mini Wind & Weather Sensor, but now with the convenience of a pipe-mount base. Base will accommodate any 1/2″ schedule 10 pipe. Wiring runs on the interior of the pipe further protecting components and streamlining your installation.
- Visit the Accessories Page for more mounting options.
- Battery System – To provide the longest possible battery operation, given a full charge in the smallest package profile, the Li-Po (Lithium Polymer) battery is used, with its own special charger.
- Backup Battery – When a backup battery is required, it is expected that the unit will be operated on an external power source. This battery will be a Gel-Cell type.
0-30 m/s for wind speed
0-359 degrees for wind direction
-30°C to +80°C for temperature
0.1 m/s for wind speed
1.0 degrees for wind direction
±0.1°C for temperature
±0.5 m/s for low range wind speed
±2% for high range wind speed
±1.0 degree for wind direction
±2°C (absolute) Temperature
-30°C to +80°C
Data Output Rate
1 Hz, 2 Hz, 5 Hz, 10Hz
12 – 24 VDC, 30mA at 12V
92.5mm x 92.5mm x 55mm