TrojanUV - Model Signa - Chlorine Disinfection System
No longer should large wastewater facilities feel limited to chlorine disinfection. Now - with the TrojanUVSigna - those facilities can confidently choose UV and benefit from its inherent safety features, cost-saving advantages and disinfection performance.
TrojanUVSigna incorporates our latest innovations, including TrojanUV Solo Lamp Technology, to reduce the total cost of ownership and drastically simplify operation and maintenance. It is the ideal solution for those facilities wanting to easily and cost-effectively convert from chlorine to UV disinfection.
Low Lamp Count and High Electrical Efficiency
The 1000 Watt TrojanUV Solo Lamp combines the best features of low pressure and medium pressure lamps.
Optimized Power Consumption
The advanced Solo Lamp Driver enables lamp dimming from 100 to 30% power and has built-in diagnostic capabilities for easy troubleshooting. Banks or rows of lamps are turned on/off based on UV demand.
Simple Water Level Control
Light locks located within each bank direct water flow to the UV lamps, maximizing disinfection performance.
Easy Bank Removal
Routine maintenance can be performed while banks are in the channel, but an Automatic Raising Mechanism (ARM) makes other tasks – such as winterization – simple, safe and easy.
Chemical and Mechanical Sleeve Cleaning
Without removing modules or disrupting disinfection, the dual action ActiClean system provides automatic sleeve cleaning to prevent fouling.
- System Characteristics
- Lamp Type
- TrojanUV Solo Lamp (amalgam)
- Lamp Driver
- Electronic, high-efficiency (99% power factor)
- Input Power Per Lamp
- 1000 Watts
- Lamp Configuration
- Staggered, incline
- Lamp Control
- 30 - 100% variable lamp power (1% increments)
- UV Intensity Sensor
- 1 per bank - with automatic cleaning
- Bank Lifting Device
- 1 per bank - Automatic Raising Mechanism (ARM)
- Level Control Device
- Fixed or motorized weir gate
- Water Level Sensor
- High and low water level sensors available (one per channel)
- Lamp Type
- Sleeve Cleaning System
- ActiClean Cleaning System
- Dual-action; chemical/mechanical; programmable for automated cleaning at defined interval; manual override
- ActiClean Cleaning System
- Low Lamp Count and High Electrical Efficiency. The revolutionary,1000 Watt TrojanUV Solo Lamp combines the best features of low pressure and mediumpressure lamps.
- Maximum Disinfection Performance. Staggered, inclined lamp configurationmaximizes disinfection and integral bank walls prevent short-circuiting.
- Optimized Power Consumption. The advanced Solo Lamp Driver enableslamp dimming from 100 to 30% power and has built-in diagnostic capabilities for easytroubleshooting. Banks or rows of lamps are turned on/off based on UV demand.
- Intuitive Controls. Automatically monitor water quality and adjust key system operatingparameters to meet disinfection targets, while minimizing overall power consumption.
- Simple Water Level Control. Light locks at each bank enable high tolerance tofluctuations in flow rates and water levels, simplifying water level control while maximizingdisinfection.
- Worry-free Maintenance. Lamp change-outs and cleaning solution replacementare done while the UV system is in the channel – minimizing downtime and simplifyingmaintenance.
- Less Time Spent Changing Lamps. Fewer lamps, long lamp life and easychange-outs save time and money.
- Chemical and Mechanical Sleeve Cleaning. Without removing equipment ordisrupting disinfection, the dual-action ActiClean™ system provides superior, automaticsleeve cleaning to prevent fouling.
- Easy Bank Removal. Routine maintenance can be performed while banks are inthe channel, but an Automatic Raising Mechanism (ARM) makes other tasks – such aswinterization – simple, safe and easy.
- Simple Retrofitting. UV banks include integral bank walls to make installation easy.Stringent tolerances on concrete channel walls are not required – making chlorine contacttank retrofits simple and cost-effective.