This easy to use monitor, is a robust, portable instrument that uses all the latest technology. Adding this monitor to your collection of standard portable devices currently used in health physics monitoring increases your overall tritium monitoring capability.
- Simple to use. 1 operating switch with 4 settings: Off, Sample, Pump and Set Up
- Gamma compensation is achieved using 4 large ion chambers arranged in a cruciform configuration. 2 chambers are used for measuring an air sample and 2 are for compensation
- Less than 10% of the reading change in 10 mR/hr field
- High sensitivity. The total effective volume of the 2 active measuring chambers is 500cc. The current amplification circuit employs ultra-low leakage technology. Each chamber has its own individual amplifier, increasing the Signal-Noise Ratio of the analog circuit
- Sensitivity is 1 μCi/m3
- Radon compensation is provided by the analog filter circuit which is designed to separate the radon spike. The shoftware can distinguish the radon spike from the tritium signal which occurs as a slow-change signal
- Ion-traps are built into each ion chamber
- Noble gas compensation. The inlet outlet ports of measuring and compensation chambers are accessible on the surface plate. By interposing a desiccant cartidge between the ports, the signal from HTO (DTO) can be calculated and displayed by the micro-processor
- Direct Gamma measurement is provided using an installed GM tube
- Purge/Decontamination is provided for all 4 chambers by the centrally installed cartridge heater controlled by the unit
Compensation for Gamma background is crucial in tritium measurement, since 1mR/Hr of Gamma field will generate 500 times the ionization generated in 1 μCi/m3 of tritium. Tyne designed the 4-chamber cruciform (250cc each) in the hand held tritium-in-air monitor with each chamber connected to an ultra sensitive electrometer amplifier and filter. All signals pass through the ADC converter, and the micro=processor calculates and displays the tritium value. To cover high ranges of tritium a separate small ion chamber is used. Measurements such as flow from the solid-state flowmeter and chamber temperature are monitored by the micro-processor.
Instrument output includes analog (0-5v, 4-20mA); relay alarm contact (30VDC, 1A) for operation of external equipment; and communication (RS232/RS485) to enable downloading or recording of information onto a computer. The TFT full color LCD display mounted on the surface plate clearly displays instrument readings in both digital and graphic format to show real time measurements and trends.
The well balanced, easy to carry instrument can be placed on its end for easy visibility of the screen to operators working away from the instrument.
Batteries installed in the handle are easily replaced without the need for opening the unit.
A powerful long-life pump can be used to draw air through a 6 meter tube. This allows the instrument to be used to measure the inside of rooms without the need to enter the room.
- Sensitivity: 1 µCi/m3 (0.05 DAC)
- Accuracy: ±3 µCi/m3 from 1 to 100 µCi/m3, ±10% from 100 µCi/m3 to 20,000 µCi/m3
- Range: 1 µCi/m3 to 20,000 µCi/m3
- Detector: 4 matched chambers - Two for measuring, two for compensation
- Measuring chamber effective volume: 500 cc (2 measuring chambers of 250 cc each)
- Flow rate: 1.4 L/m
- Zero stability: ±1 µCi/m3 after unit is powered on for 5 minutes
- Background cancellation: Less than 10% of the reading change in 10 mR/hr field
- Radon compensation: Included in the software
- Ion trap: Removes charge in the air before the measuring chambers
- Dust filter: Built into the unit
- Noble gas cancellation: Ports for air inlet/outlet of measuring chambers and compensation chambers are accessible on surface plate so silica gel drier can be placed between the chambers to compensate for presence of noble gas
- Tritium discrimination: Instrument can discriminate in a field of HTO and elemental H3 using the silica gel drier
- Purge/Decontamination: All 4 chambers can be heated up by a cartridge heater controlled by the unit
- Display: Graphic LCD display. Unit displays the values (tritium and Gamma) both in numerical format and graphical trend
- Communication: Can be configured to RS232 (short distance) or RS485 (long distance)
- Analog output: 0-5 V linear or logarithmic voltage output
- Power supply: 2.5 V - 5 V external power supply, or 3 C-cell battery. Total power consumption is 150mA
- Gamma measurement: At same time, the Gamma is measured by the unit. Gamma measuring range is from 0.1 mR/h to 10 R/h
- Alarm: Tritium, Gamma and Low air flow alarms. Alarm will be shown by Red LED light and sound by audible device
- Data logging: The tritium and Gamma values are logged every minute with current time and date stamp
- Size and weight: 8'(L) x 5'(H) x 5'(W), 5 lbs
- Drier: Note that the silica gel drier is not part of the standard equipment . It requires an additional accessory kit