UIG - Model Everdome - Aluminum Geodesic Domes and Covers
Spherical frame structures designed to be self-supporting. The primary horizontal thrust is contained by an integral tension ring. The geodesic frame is covered with attractive, non-corrugated, aluminum or stainless steel panels. These alloys have a proven history of weather resistance even in the harshest environments in the world. This virtually eliminates the need for periodic maintenance, coatings, or paint for the life of the structure. Each dome is designed with the most modern computer technology to check all loading combinations to ensure safety and integrity under all conditions.
The dome covers are custom engineered for your unique structure. The self-supporting design allows maximum overhead space utilization and provides interference-free operation for floating roofs and other internals. The aspect ratio of the dome can be selected for your location and specific application, offering a range from a very flat, low profile to a high dome for more internal clearance.
Also, a wide range of accessories (vents, skylights, dormers, hatches, foam connections, etc.) is available to meet all your needs.
Specifically designed and engineered for projects that are square, rectangular or angular in shape. They are ideal for covering concrete reservoirs, ponds, or other in-ground storage tanks. As with UIG’s EVERDOME Geodesic Domes, these covers are strong, lightweight, and virtually maintenance-free.
As with all UIG’s domes and covers, they are resistant to the elements, virtually eliminating the periodic maintenance such as painting.
- The all Aluminum Geodesic Domes and Internal Floating Roof construction provides a virtually maintenance-free structure.
- UIG Large Diameter Tank Covers are designed to AWWA D108-10 standard, and can be of any shape – Circular, Oval, Rectangular, Square, Octagonal and can be self-supported or column supported (concrete or SS316).
- Self-Supported Aluminum Geodesic Dome Roofs area the best choice for replacing roofs on existing ground storage concrete tanks and reservoirs.
- Keep precipitation and debris from entering the tank and contaminating the product.
- The extremely strong yet lightweight design will add minimal weight to existing foundations that may not be designed for excessive loads.
- Can be built on the ground and lifted into place or built directly on the existing floating roof and winched into place.
- Rapid field installation means minimum downtime at the job site.
- Cutting edge technology controls odors in industrial environments such as Wastewater Management, Biogas Energy Recovery, and Petroleum Plants.
- Superior in preventing evaporation and increasing conservation of potable water.
- PE stamps are available in all 50-states.