Ultra-Flat Gold Films
From Gold Thin Films
Template-Stripped Gold Chips provide an ultra-flat pristine gold surface for research applications including AFM and SEM, biosensor development, and studies of self-assembled monolayers. The chips are fabricated by coating the flattest available prime grade silicon wafers or freshly-split mica, with no adhesion layer. Then, 1cmx1cm square glass chips are epoxy-glued to the surface. The gold surface you use is the one in contact with the silicon or mica substrate, so it is ultra-flat and protected from the atmosphere until you are ready to use it.
Unlike epitaxially-grown or flame-annealed atomically flat Au(111) terraces that are smooth over very small areas (< 2 µm2), Platypus Ultra-Flat Gold Chips have a uniform film of gold that covers the entire surface area of the chip.
- RMS roughness approaching atomic flatness.
- Uncontaminated Surface - Gold is protected from the atmosphere until stripped from the template,
- providing a pristine surface free from organics and other atmospheric contaminants.
- Ready to Use - Chips do not require cleaning, eliminating the need for hazardous cleaning solutions
- or expensive cleaning equipment.
- Convenient - Multiple chips per template make it easy to prepare fresh, clean, and ultraflat chips
- just seconds before your next experiment.