The UniLux is a single parameter fluorimeter which can detect one of Chlorophyll a, Phycocyanin, Phycoerythrin for algae monitoring and Rhodamine or fluorescein for dye tracing applications. It is also available as a nephelometer for turbidity monitoring.
The innovative UniLux range of digital in-situ fluorimeters provides the user with increased functionality when compared to other fluorimeters currently available on the market. CTG has used expertise gained within its Life Science Group that have resulted in a significant reduction in production costs, providing the marine, fresh water, surveying and process control markets with a low cost, high performance sensor. Users can select from a wide range of fluorescent parameters, specifying the UniLux tailored to their specific monitoring requirements.
Two signals can be obtained from the standard UniLux: the first is a digital RS232 output in engineering units, the second a 0V to 5V volt calibrated analogue output derived from the digital signal. A single RS422 output is also available as an option. This flexibility makes the UniLux suitable for integrating into many different systems and platforms.
A Windows based Graphical User Interface (GUI) is provided that allows the user to both plot and record time stamped data when operating the UniLux directly from a PC and gives control over many instrument parameters, including: sampling rate, calibration factors and dynamic range.
The dynamic range of the UniLux can be adjusted simply by varying the LED intensity using the GUI, while still maintaining the factory set calibration via the internal referencing of LED output.
Although small and low cost, the UniLux fluorimeter maintains the performance standards and build quality previously seen in the CTG’s range of in-situ fluorimeters.
- Chlorophyll a
- Rhodamine WT
- Phycoerythrin Cyanobacteria
- Phycocyanin Cyanobacteria
- In-situ chlorophyll & algae class studies
- Environment monitoring
- Dye tracing
- Particulate studies
- Process control
- Moored, profiled, towed or ROV / AUV platforms
- Miniature, low cost single wavelength fluorimeter
- Range of wavelength available
- Digital output in engineering units
- Additional analogue output as standard
- User selectable sampling rate, 0.1Hz - 3Hz
- Low power consumption
- Internal referencing of excitation intensity
- Rejection of ambient daylight
- Low noise, high sensitivity
- Low turbidity breakthrough
- User adjustable dynamic range
- RS232 & analogue output (or RS422 option)