UniremTech - Model PRP - Hydrocarbon Spill Powder
PRP Powder for hydrocarbon spill clean up on oil, fuel and other liquid petroleums. PRP Powder is especially well adapted for land, water and hard surface petroleum spills in areas such as industrial plant settings (such as cooling ponds and tanks), shorelines - whether rocky or sandy - marinas, railroad tracks, oil wells/oil fields, maintenance facilities, oil spills, truck roll-overs, and marshes/wetlands remediation where PRP can mitigate the collateral damage to the ecosystem caused by clean up crews.
Methods of applying PRP range from a simple hand sprinkle to portable, mechanized hydro seeders.
PRP consists of tiny spheres of treated wax, which contain nutrients. When a wax sphere comes in contact with spilled oil, it “binds” with the hydrocarbons. Nutrients in the sphere help microorganisms from the immediate environment flourish until they eat every droplet of oil. PRP will absorb and remediate, over time, more than 20 times its weight.
Petroleum Remediation Product (PRP) can be used for various oil, fuel and other liquid petroleum hydrocarbon cleanup applications such as fuel or oil spilled on land or ground, oil spills on shorelines, waterways or marinas, hydraulic fluid spilled in industrial plants, vehicle leaks, gasoline or fuels flowing into stormwater runoff, heating oil in home storage tanks, railroad ballasts, oil wells & oil fields, transformer vaults, maintenance facilities, vehicle rollovers, marsh and wetlands, car wash or parking garage washing usage or areas where oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, liquid petroleum or other hydrocarbon cleanup and natural bioremediation requirements.
PRPs initial efficacy was quantified under simulated field conditions. This efficacy study was conducted by an independent environmental technology evaluation organization known as the National Environmental Technology Applications Corporation (NETAC). NETAC was key in the development of methods currently used by the U.S. EPA to evaluate biological methods that enhance oil spill degradation. There are five key findings of the study:
- PRP Powder enhances the biodegrading of diesel fuel as compared to non-stimulated natural population of micro organisms.
- PRP Powder treatment reduced the presence of aliphatic hydrocarbon compounds by 97% and aromatic compounds by 76%; reduction in the control product were 48% of aliphatic compounds and 5% of aromatic compounds.
- PRP Powder interacts with diesel fuel oil to form a matrix, producing a mixture which is solid and relatively stable.
- No enhancement in biodegradation was found in the control group of sorbents.
- PRP Powder used in conjunction with an absorbent and a boom, absorbs petroleum products and enhances the biodegradation of diesel fuel oil by absorption into the sorbent boom.
PRP is now in use in multiple remediation scenarios across a wide spectrum of industries.
No reviews were found for UniremTech - Model PRP - Hydrocarbon Spill Powder. Be the first to review!