UNTHA - Model RS30/40 Series - Four-shaft Shredders
The reliable and heavy duty UNTHA 4-shaft RS30 and RS40 series shredders have been tested and proven over several decades and were specifically designed for a broad application range. The shredding machines can be operated as stand-alone solutions or integrated into complex systems where they tend to be a favourite thanks to their very compact design.
Material is drawn into the main cutters (1) and both pre-shredded and re-shredded in a single pass. Material that doesn’t pass through the screen (2) is transferred to the secondary cutters (3). The secondary cutters then transport the material back inot the cutting chamber for re-shredding. The final product: precisely defined, homogeneous particles.
The high reliability of the small RS series is a result of the machine's rugged cast-iron frame design and the sturdy cutting unit. The low-speed, 4-shaft shredders are not sensitive to foreign objects and are very low maintenance. Thanks to the pull-in mechanism the shredder does not need a hydraulic pusher system, which further reduces the need for maintenance. The low speed of the cutting shafts ensures low noise and dust emissions in your operations.
The machines are particularly productive thanks to the high torque in combination with a large perforated screen surface and are a favourite for multi-shift operations. In the event that foreign objects are pulled in, the shredder automatically shuts down thereby preventing greater damage to the cutting unit. The shredder is additionally equipped with an automatic reverse to prevent motor overload.
A maintenance-free sealing system prevents dust and dirt from entering the bearings and gears. A central lubrication system provides lubrication for all essential bearings thereby ensuring a long service life.
The machines can also be equipped with additional separating and conveyor technology, customized hoppers and substructures and control expansions. We offer comprehensive solutions from one source!
The reliable and rugged RS30 and RS40 shredders were developed for a wide range of applications and have a proven track record for decades. These compact machines can stand alone or be integrated into comprehensive systems.
Functional design, high availability and consistent throughput are all hallmarks of these tough and dependable machines.
- Files- and data destruction
- Automobile interior lining
- Bank notes
- Plastic films
- Rubber waste
- Cardboard boxes
- Cardboard tubes
- Plastic drums
- Plastic containers
- Metal shavings
- Plastic bottles
- Production waste
- Punching scrap
- Car bumpers
- Tetra Paks
- Transformer coils
- Packing materials
- Integrated electronic shut-down for unshreddable items
- Resistant to foreign material due to low speed cutting shafts
- Integrated central lubrication system (A)
- Maintenance-free mechanical seals (B) prevent dirt and dust from entering into gears and bearings
- Electric oil level monitoring
- Easily replaceable wear plates (C)
- Straight forward design (no hydraulics, couplings, etc.) ensures reliable operation
- Cutting disks with integral collar (no separate spacers) distributes cutting force over wide area
- Quick change screen system (E)
- Reliable tooth belt drive (E) with two independent motors and rugged, heavy-duty gears (F)
- Unique anti jam screen design (G) with bevelled sides
- Consistent final particle size
- One step pre- and re-shredding
- Self feeding for most materials – no ram required
- Low noise and dust generation
- operational controls H directly at the machine with integrated
- emergency stop
- new enclosure design protects all components from dirt and dust
- sectional tubular steel frame I resists warping
- compact design integrates into complex installations without difficulty
- universal discharge flange easily interfaces with downstream components
- can be loaded from all sides
- very large screen area ensures high throughput
- high torque drive easily handles tough materials
- standard cutting chamber wear plates
Low noise and dust pollution
- low-speed cutting shafts
There is a vast range of plastics generated today and our range of plastic shredders are able to meet all requirements in this complex field. We offer plastic shredders for large volume parts and plastic shredders for packaging and lumps of plastics, ect.
Organic Waste Shredding
The full range of organic substances may be shredded typically food waste (including packaging), and garden waste to produce compost and bio-gas. Slaughterhouse waste may also be shredded to destroy it safely and reliably.
Hazardous Waste Shredding
Shredding is one of the first steps in the disposal of hazardous waste. To reduce contact with hazardous substances, completely reliable industrial shredders are equipped with long service-life cutters. We offer industrial shredders for shredding of hazardous waste, medical waste, batteries, ect.
Electric and Electronic Scrap Shredding
Electric and electronic scrap (e-scrap) contains valuable raw materials. To be able to recover these materials, they have to be reliably shredded, separated and removed. Our e-scrap shredders with the patented UNTHA four-shaft cutting system with a perforated screen is the perfect equipment for e-scrap.
Wood waste can be generated in many different forms. Our wood shredders are most often used to shred this waste for use in biomass burners and CHP plants.
Paper and Cardboard Shredding
We offer the perfect industrial paper shredder whether you’re shredding entire bales of paper, cardboard waste or paper rolls. Choose from our range of single-shaft shredders, two-shaft shredders or four-shaft shredders.
Document and Data Shredding
The reliable and economic shredding and destruction of files, documents and data carriers is becoming increasingly more important for many organizations due to statutory requirements and the need for secure destruction. We have the right industrial document shredders for you!