Uvaray - Medium Pressure UV Disinfection Systems
The UVARAY medium pressure UV system is designed for disinfection of commercial swimming pools. Medium pressure UV systems are particularly effective against the highly infectious Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia species which are virtually unaffected by the use of chlorine alone.
The UVARAY 45-1000 is designed to offer commercial swimming pools a reliable medium pressure UV system for disinfection and improved water quality.
- swimming pool disinfection
- Medium pressure uv system for commercial swimming pool disinfection and chloramine reduction
- Medium pressure uv
- Microprocessor control with data logging and language option
- smartdrive' automatic wiper system with manual override
- outputs for connection to building management systems
- Automatic low power option
- Simple to install and operate with minimal space requirements
- UL Listed
- nsf 50 certified
- Substantial reduction of chloramines
UV Technology: Uvaray 45-1000
The UVARAY medium pressure uv system is designed for disinfection of commercial swimming pools. Medium pressure uv systems are particularly effective against the highly infectious Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia species which are virtually unaffected by the use of chlorine alone.
As uv is not a residual disinfectant, a chlorine residual is required to prevent cross infection between bathers. High proportions of combined chlorine products (chloramines) in circulating water are destroyed by the uv irradiation process. Removal of these compounds greatly improve bathing water quality, reducing skin and eye irritation and removing the common and unpleasant 'swimming pool' odour.
How it Works
The medium pressure uv lamp is powered by magnetic ballasts housed within a separate wall mounted control panel.The wide spectral distribution of thefliogen lamp produces the simultaneous treatment of several aspects of the circulating pool water as described above.
Lamp power can be set using the digital control panel. When the pool is not in use, the lamp output can automatically adjust to low, providing efficient disinfection with a 50% reduction in power consumption. The uv reactor incorporates a time controlled automatic wiper system which allows cleaning of the internal thimble housing the uv lamp.
- CE Approval
- ANSI 150
- Reactor vessel: 316L stainless steel
- Flanges: BS4504 or ANS1150
- Lamp: nigh purity quartz
- Thimble: high purity quartz
- Wiper Ring: spring loaded ptfe
- Panel: mild steel epoxy painted
Remote Controls and Signals
- Lamp failure display alarm
- Lamp change display alarm
- Reactor temperature display alarm
- Low uv intensity display alarm
- stainless steel bends
- inline basket strainers