Valeport MIDAS - Surveyor GPS Echosounder
The MIDAS Surveyor has been designed to offer a low cost solution for small scale hydrographic surveys. The system is supplied with a 210kHz transducer as standard, and uses Valeport's own advanced digital signal processing techniques to ensure high accuracy and reliable bottom tracking. With an integral SBAS enabled DGPS receiver, the MIDAS Surveyor will log position and depth data for over 30 hours, as well as performing on-line correction using external heave and tide data inputs. Options include an additional 33kHz transducer, or high accuracy 16 channel DGPS receiver.
The MIDAS Surveyor is a revolution in small boat survey work. With an integral GPS receiver and Valeport’s unique “fuzzy logic” digital echo sounding technology, the Surveyor is quick to deploy, rugged and reliable, and boasts many features to make your work as easy as possible.
Valeport also offers a range of tide gauge & sound velocity products to compliment the Surveyor - see the separate brochures.
Single (210kHz) or dual (210 / 33kHz) channel input, using unique “fuzzy logic” DSP to give accurate readings and reliable performance, even in shallow water. Data may be logged and output either raw (as measured) or corrected for tide and heave.
- Range: 0.3 - 100m (210kHz), 1.8 - 100m (33kHz)
- Accuracy: greater of ±0.01m or ±0.02%
- Resolution: 0.01m (210kHz), 0.04m (33kHz)
- Sample Rate: 6Hz
MIDAS Surveyor logs and displays DGPS position data in WGS84 or Local Grid. User has full control over spheroid and projection constants for Local Grid setup.
Standard: Integral 12 channel GPS/SBAS receiver with combined antenna:
- ± 4m (CEP), with no correction
- ± 2m (CEP), with SBAS correction
Option: Surveyor also accepts user’s own differential, GPS or RTK data input.
The Surveyor will accept data input from all the additional sensors listed below. All data may be logged and output in real time on a single RS232 channel, and tide & heave data may be used to provide real time corrections to depth data.
- Tide: RS232 text data from tide gauge or RTK.
- Heave: RS232 data from heave sensor (up to 60Hz).
- Sound Speed: Continuous or spot readings from Valeport Sound
- Velocity Sensors may also be logged.
- Gyro/Auxiliary: RS232 input of vessel heading or any other text string may be logged with the survey data.
- Event Marker: Surveyor is supplied with remote event marker
Real Time RS232 output on a single channel of any, some or all of the active data inputs, in choice of industry standard formats.
16Mb internal FLASH memory provides nominal 32 hours of data logging. An optional 32Mbyte memory is available at time of order.
240 x 128 pixel graphics LCD display, providing numerical and graphical depth display, position data (WGS84 or Local Grid) and all other incoming parameters. On screen help and simple menu-driven setup functions allow full system control.
- Internal: 8.4Ah sealed lead acid battery pack
- External: 12 – 24vDC
- Power: 3W (sampling), 25W (max when recharging)
- Battery Life: Nominal 24hours working time (Recharge using external power)
- Connector: Fischer
Surveyor is supplied with SurveyLog, a Windows based software package, allowing data extraction & display. All data is presented in ASCII format, and may easily be exported for use in industry standard hydrographic survey software packages, or simple XYZ format data.
- Surveyor: Rugged IP67 case, 35 x 33 x 16cm, 9kg
- Accessories: IP67 case, 41 x 33 x 18cm, 9kg
- Dual Tdx: Combined 210/33kHz, 30 x 30 x 10cm, 12kg
- Shipping: 62 x 44 x 38cm, 18kg (basic set)