The Vanta analyzer is our most advanced handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) device and provides rapid, accurate element analysis and alloy identification to customers who demand laboratory-quality results in the field. Vanta handheld XRF analyzers are built to be tough. Their rugged and durable design makes them resistant to damage for greater uptime and a lower cost of ownership. With intuitive navigation and configurable software, the Vanta series are easy to use with minimal training for high throughput and a fast return on investment. Featuring innovative and proprietary Axon technology, Vanta analyzers give you accurate results and help boost productivity no matter the environment or working conditions.
- Exceptional durability under extreme conditions.
- Analytical superiority.
- Optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® for real-time data sharing. Cloud technology enabled.
- Intuitive user interface.
Breakdowns cost time and money. Vanta analyzers are durable for increased uptime and a low cost of ownership.
Built to thrive in the toughest working environments, Vanta analyzers are:
- Drop tested using U.S. Department of Defense methods (MIL-STD-810G), reducing the risk of damage and costly repairs when a device is dropped or jostled.
- IP65 rated dust and water resistant to protect against the hazards found in even the most challenging environments.*
- Withstands a temperature range of -10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F) at full duty cycle, so you waste less time waiting for your analyzer to cool.**
- The detector shutter on C and M series models helps prevent punctures so you can analyze rough surfaces with confidence
Vanta analyzers give you the same accurate result every time from your first test to your hundredth test.
The Vanta Series’ proprietary Axon™ technology uses ultra-low-noise electronics enabling higher X-ray counts per second for fast, accurate, and repeatable results.
Axon technology coupled with a new quad-core processor make Vanta analyzers remarkably responsive, pushing the limits of performance so you get the best results in the least amount of time. Axon technology provides remarkable test-to-test and instrument-to-instrument repeatability, so your first test is the same as your last test no matter what instrument you may use.Productive
Vanta analyzers maximize user throughput and make data archiving easy. Application-specific software features improve user productivity for fast ROI.
- Intuitive user interface (UI) to quickly navigate the device’s settings and software functions.
- Customize which features and functions are displayed on the main screen.
- Data export is simple via a USB flash drive, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
- Touch screen display that is clear, bright, and readable in any light.
- Ergonomic buttons and an industrial-grade, push-button joystick make it easy to navigate the UI with gloved hands.
- Embedded GPS to pair results with precise GPS coordinates for documentation and data mapping.
- Optional 5-megapixel panoramic camera; combine images with XRF data and GPS coordinates.
- Streamlined reporting and archiving for exceptional data traceability to the field.
- Cloud technology enabled.
Optimized for Your Workflow
Vanta™ handheld XRF analyzers have a variety of features so that you can customize and adapt your analyzer to fit your specific workflow. The analyzer’s software makes it simple to customize the device the way that you want it. Innovative software features enable you to get the most out of your analyzer for a fast return on investment.
Software features that deliver fast ROI
Vanta handhelds feature innovative software features designed to maximize the analyzer’s capabilities.
- SmartSort: automatically lengthens or shortens test time based on material to save time; obtain aluminum grade results in as little as 1 second.
- Grade match messaging: real time and/or pop-up messages with familiar trade or grade names or special handling instructions to reduce user training and increase efficiency.
- Nominal value: automatically identifies the likely presence of elements invisible to XRF based on grade specifications.
- Residual library: set a maximum tolerated concentration for residual elements in grade families.
- On-screen grade comparison: compare close grades side-by-side to know which alloy is the best match with nominal and residual values.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®: connect to the cloud or other devices with optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Embedded GPS: pair test results with precise GPS coordinates to document and map the location of elements.
- Streamlined reporting: combine GPS data, XRF test results, and images from the optional 5-megapixel panoramic camera for inclusive archiving and streamlined reporting.
Vanta analyzers are designed to enable efficient fleet management in conjunction with Vanta Desktop PC software.
- Customizable UI: set the UI up the way you want to maximize throughput and efficiency.
- Favorites: choose what tests or features appear on the analyzer’s home screen.
- Username and password: managers can create unique username and password sign-ins for each user.
- Push custom setups: easily transfer custom setups and specifications to your entire analyzer fleet.
- Simple data export: data are quickly and easily exported via a USB flash drive, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
Dimensions (W x H x D) 8.3 x 28.9 x 24.2 cm (3.25 x 11.4 x 9.5 in.)
Weight 1.70 kg (3.75 lbs) with battery, 1.48 kg (3.25 lbs) without battery
Excitation Source 4-Watt X-ray tube with application optimized anode material (rhodium (Rh), silver (Ag), or tungsten (W))
M Series (Rh & W) and C Series (Ag): 8-50 kV
C Series (Rh & W): 8-40 kV
Primary Beam Filtration 8-position auto selected filter per beam per mode
Detector M Series: Large area Silicon Drift Detector
C Series: Silicon Drift Detector
Power Removable 14.4 V Li-Ion battery or
18 V power transformer 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 70 W max
Display 800 x 480 (WVGA) LCD with capacitive touch-screen supporting gesture control
Operating Environment Temperature: -10 °C to 50 °C (continuous duty cycle with optional fan)
Humidity: 10% to 90% relative humidity non-condensing
Drop Test Military Standard 810-G 4-foot (1.3 M) drop test
IP Rating IP65*: dust tight and protected against water jets from all directions
Pressure Correction Built-in barometer for automatic altitude and air density correction
GPS Embedded GPS/GLONASS receiver
Operating System Linux
Data Storage 4 GB embedded storage, micro SD slot for expandable storage
USB (2) USB 2.0 type A host ports for accessories such as Wi-Fi Bluetooth®, and USB flash drives.
(1) USB 2.0 type mini-B port for connection to computer
Wi-Fi Supports 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) via optional USB adapter
Bluetooth Supports Bluetooth® and Bluetooth Low-Energy via optional USB adapter
Aiming Camera Full VGA CMOS camera
Panorama Camera 5-megapixel CMOS camera with autofocus lens
Vanta™ analyzers provide fast results in a diverse range of applications. Application-specific software features enable operators to get the most out of their analyzers with simplified report creation and traceable results.
Vanta handheld XRF analyzers for PMI provide highly specific material chemistry to quickly and accurately identify alloy grades to help ensure correct alloy installation in critical locations.