Versatech - Brush, Disc, and Drum Skimmer
From Oil Skimmers
Versatech RBS Skimmers operates by utilizing the oleophilic surfaces of a rotating brush/drum/disc to attract oil and reject water. As the skimming element rotates through the oil/water surface, the oil adheres to the surface and is removed by a scraper. The recovered oil is collected in a common sump and pumped away. The skimming element modules, brush/drum/disc, can be changed easily in a few minutes. The system also offers an internal weir system for heavy oil concentrations.
- High oil recovery rates, up to 98% efficiency
- Several models to choose from (up to 250 m3/hr oil recovery)
- Internal pump can be easily removed (no tools required) and used as a separate hydraulic pump.
- Easily assembled, operated and maintained.
- All marine grade aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Diesel, gas, pneumatic or electric models available
- Versatile, brush/drums/disc modules can be interchanged in a few minutes
- Ideal for Spill Control in closed or open water situations.
Each Versatech Rotating Brush/Drum/Disc/Weir Skimmer consists of the following:
- A free-floating skimmer head c/w internal high capacity pump & weir system
- Diesel/hydraulic Power Pack
- Transfer and hydraulic hose set and hose floats
- Manual or hydraulic hose reel (optional)
- Deployment crane with umbilical hosing (optional),
- Operations and maintenance manual.