From Turf Stabilisation
VersiWeb is a geosynthetic cellular confinement system incorporating a matrix of ultrasonically welded lightweight, expandable and flexible thermoplastic strips. When filled with granular materials, VersiWeb creates a three dimensional erosion barrier and structural bridge that uniformly distributes weight-bearing loads.
VersiWeb® enhances drainage, eliminates hydrostatic pressure and effectively controls erosion as the cells protect movement of the infill.
VersiWeb® can be used to retain infill in gravity retaining and free standing walls, embankments and barriers. The sheer strength of the infill is enhanced by confining material within each cell. When installed in layers, VersiWeb® forms an integrated structural mass, resisting lateral pressure and movement.
VersiWeb® can be used in the design of pitched greenroofs.
VersiWeb® cellular confinement system creates a three dimensional matrix structure for:
- Slope and channel protection
- Earth retention
- Load support
- Improved drainage and reduced hydrostatic pressure
- Ultrasonic welding of cell joints ensures maximum strength
- High seam weld strength (>560N) that withstands shear from high weight bearing loads
- Cell heights ranging from 50-200mm
- Rapid installation that conforms to most terrain profiles
- Collapsible cells providing transport and site storage economies
- Minimizing soil erosion
- Retention of infill on retaining walls
- Uniform distribution of weight bearing loads
- Enhanced drainage and reduced hydrostatic pressure