Virkon - Test Strips - 60 Strips/pkg
Virkon Test Strips are used to measure the concentration of prepared Virkon Aquatic solutions. They can be used to verify the solution strength in foot baths and on surfaces being disinfected. Virkon Aquatic solutions are produced by mixing Virkon Aquatic powder into working solution strengths of 0.5, 1.0 or 2.0% with the 1.0% concentration being used most often. Virkon Aquatic solutions will gradually lose activity over time. The Virkon Aquatic label states that solutions are stable for at least 7 days, while some fish hatchery staff are reporting activity lasting for up to 2-3 weeks. Actual solution life will vary and is reduced by exposure to organics and UV light. Virkon Test Strips are an effective and convenient tool for ensuring that Virkon solutions are maintained at the desired strength.
Directions for use of Virkon Test Strips are as follows:
- Dip the strip into the solution for 1 - 2 seconds.
- Remove and gently allow excess solution to run off.
- Read by comparing the activated strip to the color chart which is located on the container.
- Full color formation takes only a few seconds after removing the strip from the solution and it can be read within 10 seconds.
- Each container contains 60 test strips.