Viscotaq - Coating Patch for Exothermic Weld Connections
From Corrosion Control
VISCOTAQ Coating Patch can be applied with minimal surface preparation, does not require a primer, forms to virtually any shape, works well with the existing pipe coating regardless of type; and provides proven, long-corrosion protection. VISCOTAQ Coating Patch is a peel & stick product designed to provide corrosion protection to areas where lead wires and test wires are connected to the substrate by means of exothermic welds and/or pin brazes.
VISCOTAQ is a non-crystalline, a-polar viscous elastic, 100% solids polyolefin coating that protects against corrosion of underground and aboveground substrates. VISCOTAQ'S unique molecular chemistry provides permanent wetting characteristics. This allows the material to flow into the substrate anomalies and form an impermeable protective coating. The fact that VISCOTAQ always remains in a semi-solid state translates to high impact strength and excellent high resistance against sheering.
Exothermic welds that connect lead wires, copper strips, etc. to the pipe, create problematic areas. Welding destroys existing protective systems, thereby subjecting the welded area to immediate corrosive attack. VISCOTAQ Coating Patch can be an easy and fast protective solution. Coating Patch can be applied with minimal surface preparation, does not require a primer, forms to virtually any shape and provides proven, long-term corrosion protection.
VISCOTAQ shows excellent adhesion to any ferrous and non-ferrous substrates, wire jacketing as well as to underground and above ground coating systems.
The VISCOTAQ Coating Patch for Exothermic Weld Connections:
- Abrasive Cleaning Pad- for surface preparation
- Cleaning Wipe- to remove dust, dirt, grime and moisture on the substrate.
- VISCOTAQ Coating Patch- peel & stick for coating exothermic connection.
- Wide temperature range for application
- Impermeable to moisture and gases
- Permanent wetting characteristics
- NO primer needed
- SP2 surface preparation (wire brush)
- 100% impermeable to water and oxygen
- Extremely low cathodic disbondment values-zero cathodic disbondment (self-healing) according to ISO21809-3
- Self-healing characteristics
- Inert material, no deterioration over time
- Ability to fill voids and anomalies of substrate
- Immediate adhesion to substrate
- Failure-free application
- Non-toxic, non-flamable
- Non-carcinogenic, no VOC’s
- Flexible and pliable
- Never cracks or becomes brittle
- Long-term protection
- Molds and forms easily
- A-polar and rejects water
- No cure time
- Cold applied
- Freeze and thaw? resistant
- UV resistant
- Made in the USA
- Manufactured under ISO9001