VpCI CorrVerter - Water-Based Rust Converter
VpCI CorrVerter is a water-based primer recommended for application to rusty or poorly prepared steel surfaces where further corrosion protection is required and good surface preparation is difficult to achieve.VpCI CorrVerter is formulated to penetrate rust, eliminate rust, penetrate to the bare metal, and stop further rusting. VpCI CorrVerter contains a novel chemical chelating agent that modifies the surface rust into a hydrophobic passive layer. VpCI CorrVerter combines the above mentioned chelating agent with a high solids waterborne latex with extremely low water vapor permeability. The combination of the active chelating agent with a film-forming latex, thickeners and dispersant offers a unique formulation for a primer with excellent protection against re-rusting.
VpCI CorrVerter does not contain tannic or phosphoric acids, provides long-term corrosion protection for poorly prepared substrates, and can be topcoated with solvent-based and water-based paints with no bleeding. For outdoor applications VpCI-386 or VpCI-387 can be utilized. For indoor applications, VpCI-396 may also be used. The combination of VpCI CorrVerter and VpCI-396 or VpCI-395 provide the best immersion coating for submersion in water, salt water, hydro carbons and high salinity water. Therefore this coatings combination is Cortec’s best offer for immersion situations.
- VpCI CorrVerter converts rust quickly and can be applied under varying weather conditions
- Provides 1000+hours of corrosion protection with 3-mil (75 microns) application under salt spray conditions (ASTM B117), on pre-rusted steel parts
- Can be topcoated with water and solvent-based topcoats vs. tannic or phosphoric acid-based coatings, which can only be topcoated with solvent-based topcoats
- Provides excellent protection against re-rusting (better than tannic or phosphoric acid-based converters)
- Water-based - can be used as is or may be diluted up to 10% with water
- Very low VOC
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic
- Non-flammable, non-combustible
- Works in HCl, H2S, SO2, & CO2 vapor environments
- VpCI CorrVerter is recommended for use on all ferrous metal surfaces as a rust converter/paint primer.
- Can be used in situations where proper cleaning or sandblasting is difficult.
- Suggested applications - Industrial maintenance, General metal, Marine, Holding tanks Rebar, Trailers and many more.