VpCI - Model 416 - Heavy-Duty Water-Based Alkaline Cleaner and Degreaser
VpCI-416 is a heavy-duty water-based alkaline cleaner and degreaser offering unique flash corrosion protection. VpCI-416 can provide corrosion protection for up to 6 months during indoor storage. VpCI-416 is formulated to meet the requirements for cleaning and corrosion protection of parts and storage equipment. VpCI-416 penetrates to remove greases and oil deposits from machinery, engines, vehicles, construction equipment, and cranes in either industrial or marine applications.
The compounds contained in VpCI-416 function by altering hydrocarbons so that the deposits can be removed with water. VpCI-416 can be metered into power washers, steam cleaners, dip tanks, and other cleaning equipment. Along with good detergent properties, VpCI-416 is hard water stable.
While most cleaning compounds available on the market today are simple blends of surfactants and detergents which limit their cleaning effectiveness, VpCI-416 offers improved cleaning plus multimetal corrosion protection action in one step, resulting in significant savings. VpCI-416 has the unique ability to remove such deposits as heavy hydrocarbons, grease, drawing and buffing compounds, and machinery compounds.
- Heavy-duty chemical cleaner and degreaser with unique cleaning action for removing hydrocarbon deposits
- Multimetal corrosion inhibitors leave a temporary protective coating, affording protection for a few months at 5% minimum concentration*
- Provides exceptional resistance to pitting corrosion
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive, and does not contain nonylphenolethoxylates
- Provides excellent cleaning action at low temperatures
- Mild foaming
- Effective cleaner at low concentrations (1-3%)
- Exhibits hard water tolerance
- Formulation remains stable during freeze-thaw cycle
- Accepted by USDA for general cleaning in food plants (indirect contact with food)
*The estimated time of protection may vary due to conditions.
- Machinery contaminated with oils
- Sheet metal coated with temporary protective oils or waxes prior to painting, pickling, or machining
- Metal parts contaminated with stamping, drawing, or buffing compounds
- Use as an effective additive for rinse tanks to improve protection for dry storage application (5-10% by weight)
- Multiple stage parts washers
- VpCI-416 can be applied with any conventional equipment including sprayers, dipping tanks, steam cleaners, and power washers.