Warden Biomedia - Model Biotube - Tube Shaped Biological Filter Media
Spoke design biological filter media with internal and external fins and surface area of 1000m²/m³. The Biotube is designed to provide a large protected surface area for the biofilm and optimal conditions for the bacteria culture when the media are suspended in water. A durable, rugged and highly efficient media for moving bed biological reactors (MBBR) and integrated fixed film activated sludge (IFAS) systems.
Its innovative design creates a high percentage of protected surface area for microorganisms to adhere. In turn, this increases the overall biomass concentration and can reduce the tank volume required for wastewater treatment. Large openings allow for the wastewater to freely pass through the media which helps maintain a healthy and thin biofilm.
Warden's biological filter media is feasible for both industrial and municipal wastewater and is used for organic removal, nitrification and denitrification.
- Low weight
- Large active surface area
- Easy upgrade of existing plants
- Durable, long-life
- Minimal clogging
- Random filter media
- High BOD5 reduction (up to 90%) and nitrification
- Low capital, low installation, operating and maintenance costs
- Corrosion resistant components
Biotube caters for MBBR industrial and municipal treatment plants where extreme surface area is important. Like Biopipe it is also designed for use in aquatic applications ranging from garden fishponds to large tanks.
- Private houses and small communities
- Service stations, restaurants and public houses
- Rural schools, hospitals, care homes for the elderly
- Camping sites, farms
- Organic industrial effluents
- Municipal wastewater treatment plant
- Industrial wastewater treatment plant
- Material : Polypropylene'
- Specific Gravity : 0.97
- Dimensions : 12 mmø x 8 mm
- Surface Area : 1000 m² / m³
- Voidage : 80%
- Weight (dry) : 180 kg / m³
- Consolidation : 5-10%
- Flow Direction : Non specific