Water-Group - Model 489 BIF Series - Water Filter System
From Water Filters
Remove Stubborn Iron, Manganese and Sulphur Without Chemicals. Incoming raw water passes through a compressed pocket of air contained in the first tank. The air precipitates the iron into solid form and is removed when it passes through the filters media bed contained in the second tank. The media acts as a catalyst in the reaction between iron and oxygen that also causes the iron to precipitate into a solid. As more water passes through the unit the air becomes depleted and the media becomes overloaded with the iron. Periodic automatic regeneration replenishes the supply of air and cleans the media of filtered iron. The media is not consumed in the iron removal process and therefore is much more economical than many other iron removal processes.
- Natural oxidation removes iron, manganese and H2S without chemicals, air pumps or a venturi
- System regenerates less frequently using up to 50% less water than manganese greensand filters
- Exclusive WaterGroup 489 Series control valve with reliable electronic sensors, piston, seals and spacer technology
- High flow rates for large residential & commercial applications
- Time saving quick connects for easy installation