Weda - Model VR600 - Water Reservoirs and Water Towers Cleaning System
From Industrial Sector
The VR-600 was developed in cooperation with Stockholm Water Authority for underwater cleaning of potable water tanks.VR-600 is based on old and well-tested cleaners which minimizes the risk for breakdowns inside the reservoir. It is equipped with remote control, pan and tilt mounted camera and lights, speed control and control for brush speed and rotational direction. The VR-600 can be used in basically all types of reservoirs, in-land, on-land and towers. Training of operators is done in 1 to 2 days. Several thousands of potable water reservoirs have been cleaned with the VR-600 system.
Traditional cleaning processes meant that water towers and drinking-water reservoirs had to be emptied and manually cleaned or divers sent down. In both options, the reservoir has to be taken offline, which can lead to major disruptions in the main supply system. Emptying a reservoir is time consuming and cleaning is labor intensive. Sending divers down in drinking water also entails a risk for contaminating the water. When we developed the VR-600 our ambition was to design a vehicle that could clean effectively without having to shut down the reservoir and without sending personnel down into the reservoir.
The VR-600 is remote controlled and equipped with rotating brushes and a powerful pump that directly pumps out all loosened sediment – without raising turbidity in the reservoir. The VR-600 is equipped with a video camera that facilitates inspection of the inside of the reservoir. The entire cleaning process is documented and the customer receives both a videotape and a written report.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 735 x 595 x 400 mm
- Pump capacity: 70 m3/h
- Speed: Variable from 0.5 to 10 m/min depending on sediment depth.
- Power consumption: 2.3 kW
- Other: Pan and tilt high-resolution video camera. Remote operation with variable brush speeds
The main advantages with the VR-600 compared with alternative cleaning solutions with divers or after draining:
· There is no human entry into the reservoir
· No need to cut off the water distribution – On-line cleaning without creation of turbidity in the water
· No need to drain the reservoir –water savings
· No need for chlorination after cleaning
· Video recording of the entire cleaning operation
· Possibility to make inspection of the bottom and lower walls during the cleaning process
· Only food approved oil and grease is used - no risk for leakage or contamination of the water