WesTech CleanFlo - Element Belt Screen
The CleanFlo™ Element Belt Screen from WesTech is a key addition to any headworks. These units have been perfected over 25 years of use in hundreds of installations. They provide a complete and effective design for screening of particles from .03 to 8.1 inches in size. CleanFlo Element Belt Screens feature a unique self cleaning action of the filter elements, making these screens suitable for a wide range of flows and screen openings.
CleanFlo™ units are designed to fit into existing channels. Operation is intermittent. When debris builds up on the screen enough to impede water flowing through the unit and on down the channel, the motor drive is activated by a level sensor. The screen is then advanced one level and stops. As this sequence is repeated, the debris is lifted up and over the top of the screen. At this point the fingers of the screen retract within each other and are efficiently scraped clean. An optional water spray aids in this cleaning. The cleaned screen now continues down to be submerged again, and continues removing debris from the water stream.
The design is similar to competitors' screens, but is superior in construction and design. The screens are composed of interlocking ABS plastic. The mechanisms are constructed of all stainless steel. Fabricated in the USA, each unit is built to your specific installation requirements. Sizes range from four feet tall to five stories tall to work all manner of channels. Replacement screen parts are available from stock.
- Self-cleaning filter elements
- Pivoting design available for bypass purposes
- Fits deep and/or wide channels
- Suitable for new construction or retrofit for existing plants
- No submerged bearings or sprockets
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- High capacity - Up to 100 mgd
- Long-lasting ABS plastic filter elements
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Ease of operation and maintenance
- Odor control through the use of front, rear and side covers
- ABS elements will not permanently bend out of position like steel media
- Industrial waste streams
- Municipal water or wastewater
- Water intake to manufacturing plants
- Potable water
- Wastewater headworks
- Sewage treatment plants
- Sludge screening
- Combined storm/sewer
- Public utility water intake
- Pulp and paper processing
- Fish and poultry processing
- Tannery and textile effluent
- Plastics and pharmaceutical water treatment
Models: 'K' and 'G'
- Installation Angle: 60°, 75°, 85°
- 'K' Screen Openings: 0.5, 1,3,6,10,20,mm
- 'G' Screen Openings: 0.5, 1, 3,6,10,30,mm
- Channel Width 'K' and 'G': To 6.5', to 10'
- Discharge Height: Up to 40 ft.
- Frame Materials304 or 316 SS