WesTech - Model RDS1 - Trickling Filter Rotary Distributor
From Biological Treatment
The RDS1™ Rotary Distributor is engineered to evenly distribute wastewater over filter media. The wastewater trickles down through the media, contacting the attached biological growths. The growths then oxidize the pollutants in the wastewater.
The RDS1 Rotary Distributor sets the standard, offering superior design and operational benefits over all other rotary distributors:
- Bearings: WesTech engineers all Rotary Distributors with two anti-friction bearings designed for a life of over 30 years. The upper bearing supports all thrust loads exerted on the mechanism while the stabilizing bearing and upper bearing resist the overturning loads. Both bearings are positioned above water level. Bearing contamination and corrosion are eliminated providing longer service life. The bearings are accessible and maintenance is easy.
- Pan Test: WesTech guarantees each of our Rotary Distributors to pass a pan test which demonstrates that the arms are providing uniform flow distribution over the surface of the filter, at minimum and maximum flow conditions. Flow uniformity is a critical measure of the mechanism’s efficiency and is designed into each WesTech Rotary Distributor.
- Spreaders: WesTech flow spreaders are made of virtually unbreakable, corrosion-resistant, UV-protected polycarbonate. They are guaranteed against breakage for the life of the Rotary Distributor. WesTech flow spreaders are solidly connected to the arm using a single bolt for quick assembly and removal. Inside each spreader port are fixed-size replaceable orifices which cannot be tampered with, unlike the slide plate-type orifices. This assures that the flow distribution will continue as designed by the engineer.
- Lower Seal: A maintenance-free lower seal is designed with a polished stainless steel seal ring. Maintenance is not necessary providing for uninterrupted, worry-free operation. Also, this lower seal design requires a lower hydraulic head than the seal-less barrel design.
- Weir: An adjustable inner feedwell weir produces an efficient operation at low head levels in distributors where a high ratio of maximum to minimum plant flow is required.
- Flushing Gate: A pinned and latched flushing gate on the end of each distributor arm allows for a trouble-free flushing of any debris.
- Two antifriction bearings designed for an L10 life of over 30 years.
- Both bearings are positioned above the water level.
- Flow spreaders are made of corrosion-resistant, UV-protected polycarbonate.
- The lower seal is designed with a polished stainless steel seal ring.
- Adjustable inner feedwell weir.
- Pinned and latched flushing gates on the end of each distributor arm.
- Bearing contamination and corrosion are eliminated.
- Bearings are accessible and maintenance is easy.
- Flow spreaders are virtually unbreakable and are guaranteed against breakage for the life of the distributor.
- The lower seal is maintenance-free, providing for uninterrupted operation.
- Weir produces an efficient operation at low head levels in distributors where a high ratio of maximum to minimum plant flow is required.
- Allows for trouble-free flushing of any debris.