Wildco - Hand Corer, Stainless Steel Liner-Type, no case, 48in
Wherever you can wade, float or find a dock, you can use the Wildco hand corer! Here is a low-cost, foolproof sampler especially intended for shallow coring in fresh, salt or brackish waters. Use is simplicity itself: merely push it into bottom sediments using handles on the head assembly. After the corer penetrates the bottom, twist or pull it free to retrieve your sample. In deeper water, you can attach a 5 - 15 foot long extension handle to the head. In deeper water yet, you can drop it by attaching a line to a clevis located on the head assembly between the handles. The hand corer works by creating a partial vacuum which holds the sample in place and helps prevent washout. As the tube is pulled up, the polyurethane flutter valve on the head assembly tightly seals the upper end of the sampler. As long as the bottom end of the tube is 2-3' (50-75 cm) under water, the corers will hold.
- With handles for shallow water coring
- With clevis for deeper water
- Simple automatic flap valve
- Available with or without liners
- Sample by hand or by gravity on a line
- 316 stainless steel head assembly with 2 removable handles, screw pin clevis and polyurethane flutter valve
- Optional extension handle in three lengths
- Core tube threaded both ends
- Includes: 2 nosepieces; 2 clear CAB liner tubes with caps; 3 eggshell catchers.