- Hub-height and rotor equivalent measurements on all terrain types
- Constant accuracy from 50 to 400+ meters with 10 simultaneous heights for in-depth analysis
- ½ day installation on any turbine with lightweight systems parts and embedded screen for configuration
- High reliability design with no moving parts
The Wind Iris is the first field proven turbine-mounted Lidar dedicated to power performance assessment and optimization. Designed specifically for multiple installations, the Wind Iris allows to sequentially assessing and optimizing several wind turbines and ensuring a quick return on investment on a wind farm scale:
- • Power curve measurements
- • Yaw misalignment correction
- • Nacelle transfer function characterization
- • Advanced applications (site calibration/wind sector management/wakes analysis)
Benefiting from more than 5 years of customer feedback and 200+ turbine deployments experience, the Wind Iris 4-beam brings unparalleled progress in metrology and operations. The system combines unique operational features, validated procedures and methodologies which allow owners and operators to yield a high return on investment with clear and easy to implement process.
The Wind Iris is designed for repeated installations on any turbine models. The practical installation procedure provides the ability to rapidly optimize several turbines with one Wind Iris, leading to a quick return on investment. In this context, the Wind Iris answers operators and owners main concerns: efficiency, accuracy and safety.
- • Tripod insures fast and accurate alignment
- • High reliability design with no moving parts
- • Compact and ergonomic for easy and safe installation in ½ a day
With a growing track record both onshore and offshore, the Wind Iris has been deployed on many turbine models, such as: Acciona, Alstom, Enercon, Envision, GE, NEG Micon, Nordex, Repower, Siemens, Vestas, etc. Several case studies have demonstrated the performance of the Wind Iris and fully confirmed its return on investment.