Wolverine - Model PLMHIFP - Plastic Manhole Inflow Protector
The Wolverine Brand Plastic Manhole Inflow Protector Inserts are made of high density polyethylene and have been proven effective in reducing or preventing surface water inflow to the collection system, through the manhole lid. Operating and maintenance costs for plant equipment and pumps are minimized due to reduced flow during heavy rainfall. Also, utility costs are reduced because machinery is not operating for extended periods of time. These inserts are a practical solution to expensive plant expansions, new construction moratoriums or inflationary sewage treatment costs.
- GUARANTEED for THREE years against manufacturing defects
- NO VALVE method of ventilation available
- Single or double valve ventilation system available
- NO corrosive parts
- Easy installation and removal
- Requires no maintenance
- Controls sewer odors in residential areas
- Keeps grit, sand, salt, chemical spills, foreign objects, road oils, etc. from entering collection systems
- Cost-effective alternative to replacing existing manhole covers with 'water-tight' covers
- Dramatically reduce sewage treatment costs
- Deep and shallow bowl designs available
The Wolverine Brand Plastic Manhole Inflow Protector Inserts are manufactured from High Density Polyethylene, meeting the requirements of ASTM D-1248, Class A, Category 5, with a finish thickness of 1/8'. Ventilation is achieved by either the thru-bore, single or double valve methods. A nylon strap is factory installed to make removal of the unit a simple, one person operation. Factory installed closed-cell neoprene or cross-linked polyethylene gasket is available upon request.