X-STREAM - Automated Sorting System
The X-STREAM and X-STREAM: Glass are high-speed, automated sorting systems for automatic identification and sorting of material by chemical composition. Take metal, glass and mineral recycling to a new level of high speed, accuracy and profitability.
The X-STREAM is a fully automated in-line system based on proven X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) that identifies scrap material by its chemical composition.
A typical automated XRF sorting system is being composed of a conveyor-mounted spectrometer module, typically containing multiple tubes and detectors to provide the ability to detect and analyze every single piece of scrap material. In only a few milliseconds, the chemical composition of each piece is being calculated, after which customer-defined sorting parameters will determine whether or not to divert that piece out of the main stream.
- Identification of elements chlorine (Cl) through uranium (U)
- High flux X-ray source
- Rugged, solid state, high resolution detector
- IR camera switching
- Millisecond signal processing
- Secure, yet flexible software platform
The X-STREAM's software configuration offers flexibility allowing quick, on-site software modifications to meet changing criteria and new market demands.
- Batch or continuous in-line mode
- Provided with individual components or complete turnkey systems
- Easily customized to meet a variety of process configurations
- Works with a wide variety of conveyors, feeders and diverters to meet performance needs
- Handles multiple applications in one facility
- Integrates multiple applications in one facility
The X-STREAM incorporates automated, high volume technology that sorts scrap and recyclable material based on highly specific material chemistry, not physical property. With XRF, sorting by elemental composition provides the recycling industry with new sorting opportunities and unique solutions for current challenges; increasing the level of scrap sorting and moving closer to the ideal goal of 100% recycling. This unique system works in tandem with eddy current, induction sorters, and media separation equipment to improve recoveries and increase asset value for metal and glass recyclers. It helps provide maximum value for processed material. It's easy, fast and cost-effective.
- Highly accurate sorting - typically >95%
- Highly efficient separation - typically >90%
- Capacities of many tons per hour available
- Flexibility to change sort criteria to meet market demands
- Highest value product - in one pass
- Industrially hardened and reliable for low CoO
Automated XRF sensor technology can be applied to many different types of scrap material, and can therefore serve various recycling industries. Extracting copper meatballs from ferrous shred, sorting of non-ferrous metals by composition or alloy grade and sorting glass are a few of many examples where the X-STREAM technology can be beneficial for scrap processors. Olympus Innov-X is expert in XRF technology and aims to focus on developing and manufacturing the X-Stream sensors only. They are currently being used by sorting system manufacturer BT-Wolfgang Binder who implements the X-Stream sensors into their proven sorting systems.