Abestos-Containing Material Management
The ultimate solution for asbestos disposal: Tetronics’ plasma systems use intense temperatures to combat the asbestos hazard, where other technologies fail. Plasma heat is used to melt the individual asbestos fibres, which eliminates its ability to cause detrimental harm to human health. Tetronics offer a world leading solution to dealing with one of the biggest hazardous waste problems – asbestos disposal.
Tetronics’ plasma technology is robust and unaffected by the different types of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) and Refactory Ceramic Fibres (RCFs) at the same time meets all working practice legislative. The process overcomes the issues faced by the less desirable option of packaging and storing the hazard for future generations to deal with.
The properties that made asbestos so widely used in earlier years, such as their resistance to heat and chemical damage, are what make them challenging for other waste treatment options. Due to the ultra-high temperatures of plasma, it has the ability to melt the toxic asbestos fibres and vitrifies them into an inert, re-usable product called Plasmarok, which can be employed in a range of building applications.
- Melts asbestos fibres, eliminating the health hazard
- High Destruction and Removal Efficiency (DRE) of associated organics
- Vitrification of Asbestos into a building product, Plasmarok
- Addresses the occupational and environmental hazard of asbestos waste
- Compact process that is simple to operate and maintain