From Materials Testing
Aggregate testing plays an important role in assessing new material sources, in situ behaviour, compliance and quality control. All aggregate testing is undertaken by ESG's experienced technical staff operating from our well equipped UKAS accredited laboratories. In line with British Standards we provide mechanical, physical and chemical testing on a wide range of primary and secondary (recycled) aggregates to ensure they are fit for purpose. Our services ensure compliance for all materials used in the construction industry, testing to earthworks standards – BS 1377 and Specification for Highways Works and aggregate standards BS EN 13242, BS EN 13043, BS EN 13139, BS EN 12620. Our lime and cement stabilised fill and capping design testing adheres to the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges HA74/07.
As a vital and wide ranging element of construction it is important to accurately evaluate all aggregate charateristics whether used as sub-base or capping material or for more specialised purposes such as track ballast, backfill and many more. Soil Mechanics aggregate tests include valuable information about:
- Geometrical properties
- Physical properties
- Thermal and weathering properties
- Chemical properties including TRL447 suite, resistivity, RedOx and microbial activity.
We also helps aggregate producers, suppliers and users to comply with the correct WRAP protocols. To this end we:
- Test aggregate properties and interpret standards compliant with WRAP protocols
- Assist in selecting the right testing regimes and test frequencies to satisfy the WRAP protocol and the requirements of the specifying standards including EN 13242, EN 13285 and the Specification for Highway Works
- Interpret test results and advise on quality control
- Perform audit testing on purchased materials and visit recycling plants to provide expert technical audits of production processes and systems.