Tradebe Inutec provides a comprehensive analytical chemistry service encompassing radionuclide, chemical and physical analysis. Inutec has extensive experience in the analysis of a diverse range of materials, from seafood, soil, waters, liquid effluents, “soft” wastes, to the characterisation of the nuclear inventory of fuel pond-skip corrosion scales. Particular expertise has been developed for the separation and determination of pure beta emitting nuclides.
Tradebe Inutec offers a comprehensive facility for the analysis of radionuclides from environmental levels to those encountered in operational and decommissioning nuclear wastes.
Tradebe Inutec’s specialist radionuclide analysis capabilities include:
- Rapid Screening Techniques
- Gross Alpha, Beta and Gamma activity analysis
- High Resolution Gamma Spectrometry
- Alpha Spectrometry
- Liquid Scintillation Counting
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry
- Specific Radionuclide Analysis
The radionuclide analysis area is supported by chemical analysis service which has extensive experience in the chemical analysis of biological, environmental and radioactive samples.
A range of modern and traditional methods for the measurement of organic, inorganic and radioactive species are routinely employed including:
- Atomic Adsorption Spectroscopy
- Inductively Coupled Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICPOES)
- Inductively Coupled Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
- Dionex Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography
- UV/Visible Spectrometry
A microstructural analysis service is also provided using SEM, SIMS and XRD techniques.
A dedicated facility has also been developed for the analysis of tritium and carbon 14 in nuclear site operational and decommissioning wastes using a combustion technique. This includes a major facility for the analysis of wastes contaminated with beryllium - specifically developed to analyse wastes generated by the Joint European Torus facility at Culham. Over the past few years, considerable expertise has been developed in the analysis of a wide variety of materials using this technique. These include:
- Soft wastes (e.g. rubbers, plastics, paints, cellulose materials)
- Environmental materials (eg. soils, vegetation, biota)
- Reactor graphite
- Beryllium contaminated material
Tradebe Inutec is committed to the implementation of effective and efficient quality management systems consistent with the requirements of BS EN ISO9001:2008.