Architecture Strategy Services
From Strategic Services
Increase Efficiencies and Compliance
When properly architected, technology should accelerate the objectives of your laboratory business. Our focus on the architecture of the system – the vision behind your electronic laboratory roadmap - helps mitigate risks of the “unknown”, drastically increases efficiencies, and maintains regulatory compliance within your labs.
Our customers are continuously challenged by the myriad of laboratory applications and hardware products whose features overlap considerably. Vendors continue to extend functionality while claiming their product should reside at the center of your architecture strategy.
And for too many organizations with multiple lab sites, products are selected independently of each other, thereby eliminating the ability to share knowledge, skill-sets and best practices for implementation and support.
A Pragmatic Approach
LabAnswer provides strategic services based in the reality of having built, integrated, deployed and supported more laboratory informatics systems than any other consultancy. Our experts can help determine what type of systems are actually needed, where specific data should reside, how the systems should be networked and what systems should be consolidated.
LabAnswer practices its own pragmatic approach to alleviating confusion in the marketplace by helping you determine:
- What technologies will help you reach your business objectives?
- What systems are used and integrated in laboratories in your industry?
- How to incorporate best practices into your existing environment?
- What data model will support your future business needs?
Strategy and Architecture
We employ the following steps to make practical recommendations on an overall laboratory knowledge management strategy and architecture:
- Identify business objectives of the laboratory
- Determine success metrics for the laboratory
- Map laboratory processes and data flow
- Understand the current laboratory environment
- Identify laboratory requirements
- Perform fit-gap analysis
- Optimize & harmonize processes and data flow utilizing technology accelerators
- Evaluate technology architecture
The appropriate application of technology can provide the following business benefits:
- Shorter cycle times
- Improved collaboration
- More time for science
- Reduced review time
- Improved quality
- Improved compliance posture
- Improved electronic knowledge capture