Perhaps no other industry is as safety-conscious as the aerospace industry. In order to protect their interests, many large aerospace manufacturers are requiring their suppliers to meet certain industry-specific requirements and moving towards third-party certification as a means of demonstrating quality management system (QMS) conformity.
AS9100 - OEM and Part Supplier Requirements
AS9110 - Maintenance Organization Requirements
AS9120 - Distributor Requirements
AS9100 is the internationally recognized series of quality system standards specific to the aerospace industry. The standard is strongly supported and adhered to by major aerospace manufacturers, and they are demanding all suppliers meet its requirements. Based on ISO 9001:2000, AS9100-Series puts a particular emphasis on quality, safety and technology in all areas of the industry and along the supply chain. The series consists of AS9100 (OEM and Part Suppliers), AS9110 (Maintenance Organizations), and AS9120 (Distributors of Aerospace related materials, hardward and components).
What are the key benefits?
- Confirmation that your production and operational systems meet the internationally recognized standard
- Recognition for your company, leading to improved business opportunities
- Fulfilment of mandatory requests from players such as Boeing, Airbus, GE and Snecma
- Confidence of your customers who trust the independent third party audit, often eliminating the need for a second party audit
- Easy search facility on the OASIS database, to check whether a company has already been certified, or for others to check the status of your company.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
- We perform a systematic, independent audit of the management system to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- We use a planned audit schedule to ensure the management system meets objectives and provides continual improvement in key areas.
- Our extensive auditor network helps reduce auditor travel costs.
- Certification from Bureau Veritas is recognized and well-respected globally.