Aviation Fuel Mains and Hydrants
Our expertise in the area of aviation fuel mains and hydrants is unrivalled within the UK. From full hydrant systems to small modifications, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to carry out these often strategically sensitive projects. We have extensive direct experience of working at some of the UK’s major civilian airports (Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester) and military air stations (RAF Brize Norton and RAF Fairford).
Construction requirements vary tremendously from contract to contract and can involve:
- Detailed logistics planning with airport operators
- Complex pipeline routing
- Large and complex valve chambers
- Restricted sites, close to taxiways & security fencing
- Night-time working
- Tie-in into existing systems
- Open-cut and tunnelled taxiway crossings
- Live working throughout the operation, with aircraft being offloaded and refuelled close to our construction sites
Land & Marine also provides design and construction of filter pump and meter installations and road tanker loading and off-loading facilities.
- Fuel hydrant systems
- Filter, pump and meter installations
- Road tanker off-loading
Land and Marine Engineering Limited has over 30 years’ experience in the design, construction and repair of airside airport fuel hydrant systems in the UK and overseas and offer the following:
- In-house design, procurement and construction
- Hydrant systems and supply pipelines
- Construction to civil and military airfield specifications
- Trenchless and no-dig techniques and expertise
- Directly employed staff with a wealth of experience
- 100% record on return to service deadlines
We provide a comprehensive service, from the relocation of hydrant pots in live stands to complete hydrant systems for new terminals and also provide:
- Survey and site investigation
- Routing and design
- Liaison with airside operations
- Civil engineering and construction
- Pipelines and pipework
- Coating and cathodic protection
- Testing and commissioning
- Final reinstatement
Land and Marine Engineering Limited has a specialist team with experience in airport and airfield filter, pump and meter installations.
In particular, we offer experience and capabilities in the following:
- Design, procurement, fabrication and construction
- New build, repair and modification
- Civil, mechanical, power and instrumentation
- Civil and military specifications
Land & Marine works closely with the operator to design systems with the highest possible integrity levels. We also seek to develop methods of working which minimise disruption during installation.
We have, over many years, built excellent supply chain relationships which give us the ability to offer realistic deliveries to meet clients’ needs and the opportunity to innovate and influence new products.
Whether using traditional construction methods or modular units assembled on site, Land and Marine Engineering Limited offers a complete design, construction and installation service for road tanker offloading facilities.
- We have experienced, directly employed construction staff
- In-house civil, structural and MEICA engineering design capability
We have installed both single and multiple tanker loading facilities at civilian airports and military air stations.