Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox
NIWA’s Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox (BPAT) has been developed to provide an easy to use, integrated package for the input, quality checking, analysis and archiving of beach datasetsNIWA’s Beach Profile Analysis Toolbox (BPAT) has been developed to provide an easy to use, integrated package for the input, quality checking, analysis and archiving of beach and other profile related datasets. The toolbox has been specifically developed to meet the needs of professionals and researchers involved with coastal hazard management, engineering and science applications, to better understand variability and trends in beach and nearshore profile data.
- Multiple data entry methods
- Streamlined migration and importing of profile datasets from spreadsheets and other commonly used profile analysis software
- Graphical data quality checking and manipulation routines
- Storage of benchmark history and survey details, including digital image storage
- Customisable parameters for data analysis
- A range of commonly used profile analyses, including volume change, cut/fill changes and histograms, excursion distance changes
- Customisable data viewing and plotting functionality
- Data export to other beach profile analysis packages, spreadsheets, plotting programmes and Geographical Information Systems.