Bioprotect - Screening, fish & jellyfish
To prevent this risk, H2O BFS has developed a specialist service called Bioprotect, in which we combine early warning and deterrent systems with optimisation of screening design/operation to reduce the risk of an unscheduled stoppage. Working with a unique team of experts in the field of screening, marine ecology, and seawater intake systems, we provide dedicated solutions to prevent the risk of an unplanned shutdown due to the ingress of high volumes of biological material.
- Root cause analysis of failures or problems with your intake, screening, or debris handling systems.
- Identification and ecological profiling of risk species.
- Review of the intake system screening, debris handling, stop gates, and controls, providing short and long term maintenance planning solutions.
- Providing advice on Best Available Techniques (BAT) for the design of your specific seawater intake system.
- Developing an Emergency Response Plan that addresses these issues.
- Intake operation and maintenance planning at 5, 10, 15- and 20-year milestones.
For plants in planning or construction stage:
- Definition of best practice for intake operations as the plant transitions from construction to commissioning and into its full operational phase, including effective biofouling and corrosion protection.
- Pre or post-construction, independent review of the intake system’s design system, covering biofouling control, screening and debris handling, long term maintenance, and OPEX analysis.
We understand that the use of seawater needs the protection of the environment and ecosystems.
Therefore we work together with expert partners concerning the seawater intake screening system and fish and mammal deflection and return systems.
For Bioprotect we work collaboratively with specialist partner companies:
- Saltwater Environmental Engineering Pty Ltd; 30+ years’ experience in intake screening and filtering.
- Five Oceans Environmental Services LLC; 25+ years’ experience in coastal and marine ecology, with specialism in the Arabian region.