Biosafe - Online Biofilm Monitoring Services
On-line biofilm monitoring system. Best early warning system for biofilm build up in a water system. An important tool to control the risk of legionella growth.
The biofilm system - Biosafe - is the best early warning system for biofilm buidup.
H2O Biofouling Solutions B.V. offer you the best technology to MONITOR in real-time the effectiveness of your biofilm control treatment. If your current treatment proves to be inneffective, the Biosafe probe will reveal the presence of a biofilm buildup before biofilm-associated risk arise.
- Reduction of Heat Transfer Efficiency.
- Root cause of Microbial Induced Corrosion (MIC).
- Increased risk for Legionella growth.
- Reduction of biofouling treatment effectiveness.
This real time monitoring enables operators to identify biofilm on surfaces, to track the effectiveness of biocides and other water treatments for microbiological control, and to closely control those treatments so that the cleanliness of system surfaces is maintained.
- Real time insight in the efficacy of biofilm mitigation procedures.
- Early warning for biofilm activity in cooling water systems.
- Improving plant operation reliability.
- Prevent costly shutdowns caused by Microbial Influenced Corrosion or high counts of Legionella bacteria.
- Suitable for biofilm monitoring in fresh, brackish and sea water.
- Automatic alarm generation by ineffective water treatment.
- Easy to install and operate, low maintenance.
- Data output directly to the ‘operating system’.
- Direct feedback to system operator.
- Probe installed in flow cell as a side stream of cooling water system.
- The Biofilm system is an electrochemical biofilm activity monitoring system.
- It consists of stacks of stainless steel or titatium ring electrodes, separated
- by a non-conductive resin.
- Several times per day the probe is polarized by an external power source, creating ideal conditions for microorganisms to settle and biofilm to develop.
- Deviations of the signal from the baseline values provide an indication of microbial fouling .
- Identification of best location(s) for biofilm monitoring.
- Installation and commissioning of Biofilm system.
- Bi-weekly data analysis with full reports by our experts.
- Data gathering options include site visit by company field technician or customer-assisted plate images.