Site remediation services include:
- Site preparation, including Environmental Effects Reports (EER);
- Preparation of all project documentation, including detailed project risk assessments and method statements;
- Demolition of plants and building;
- Asbestos management, including applications to workplace standards agency for approval to remove;
- Excavation, transportation, treatment and disposal of contaminated soil, water and sludges;
- On-site contaminated soil and water treatment;
- Removal of concrete burials;
- On-site wash-down facilities;
- Odour control (see also ViroSewage Technology);
- Soil excavation, segregation and removal;
- Soil restoration (see also ViroSoil Technology), and;
- Stakeholder liaison.
Virotec has a ten-year history of successfully treating some of the most contaminated and hazardous solid wastes in the world. Projects have included the effective treatment of chromium-, mercury-, lead- and arsenic-contaminated filter cakes, sediments and sludges, PCE-, lead- and mercury-contaminated soils, and a wide range of hazardous industrial solid wastes from more than 20 different industrial applications.
As a result of its long-term relationship with McMahon Services, Virotec couples this ten-year track record of waste treatment with McMahon’s 30-year track record of building demolition to provide its clients with a range of highly professional services which cover all aspects of building demolition and waste treatment.