Certification and Calibration Services
Our worldwide certification laboratories calibrate in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories) and are accredited by national bodies to offer a comprehensive service for the certification of infrared thermometers, thermal imagers, scanners and blackbody sources.
Our certification service verifies the performance accuracy of your instrument at a given point in time by quantifying its errors and these are reported in a national accreditation certificate confirming it meets the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025:2005.
- Measurement Capability - Quantifying your instrument’s temperature measurement errors, allows you to apply these errors as compensation to improve your practical measurement uncertainty.
- Continued Compliance - Routinely performing traceable certification confirms compliance of your instrument, giving an improved insight into your instrument’s long-term performance, aiding process stability, leading to improved quality and minimising expense.
- Traceability to National and International Standards - For measurements to be interchangeable, they must relate to a common standard. For temperature measurement that is ITS-90 - The International Temperature Scale of 1990 and traceability refers to a chain of measurements linking an instrument’s performance to ITS-90. Certification under the ISO / IEC 17025:2005 standard assures the user that their instrument’s certification is traceable, giving continued confidence in interchange of measurement.
All our laboratory facilities are accredited against the ISO / IEC 17025: 2015 standard as approved by national accreditation bodies to evaluate our technical competence, impartiality and performance. AMETEK Land is the trading name of Land Instruments International.
Our certification team can offer additional support services to ensure you are maintaining the accuracy of your temperature measurements.
- Traceability - Determining what is the best method of obtaining traceability for your temperature measuring instrumentation - establishing your own certification laboratory, having an independent engineer carry out regular on-site services/checks or returning your instruments to us for certification.
- Emissivity Determination - Determining the emissivity of the measured surface – purchasing the required equipment or having us measure this vital parameter.
- Re-certification Reminder Service - Remembering certification dates for all instrumentation. Many quality standards of process instrumentation specify the frequency of certification for sub-contractor’s instruments – our certification reminder service provides you with a written reminder when any item of temperature measuring equipment is due for certification.
Service Contracts - Optimising performance and maximising uptime – Our Spectrum Service Contracts are specifically designed to ensure your instruments are professionally maintained and calibrated to operate at peak factory performance levels throughout their lifetime.
- Worldwide Certification and Service Centres for Non-contact Infrared Temperature Measurements Systems
- Why Certify?
- Key Benefits
- Our Certified Laboratories
- Additional Services
- Servicing and Maintenance