Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Over the last decade, climate change has become a major issue of public concern. While scientific debate is on going, the private sector must play a key role in managing and reducing heat-trapping greenhouse gas emissions even as meeting energy challenges remains a priority. With the debate now shifting towards energy choices and technologies The LEVON Group's broad experience in collaborative, private/public, research and development efforts can assist organizations in demonstrating the effectiveness and applicability of innovative approaches.
The LEVON Group principals have continuously been at the forefront of developing greenhouse gas estimation, reporting, management, and mitigation strategies. Their experience assists clients in anticipating national and international policy changes concerning measures for restricting emissions of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere and in devising appropriate strategies to address these changes.
Specific services we provide include:
- Facilitate the development of comprehensive climate change strategies and mitigation plans
- Design and develop greenhouse gas emission baselines and inventories for entities and technology projects
- Assess the potential for greenhouse gas emissions reductions from modified industrial practices and products
- Benchmark emission intensities to assess risks and strategic opportunities
- Develop robust approaches for registering emission reduction credits
- Perform all needed analyses for emissions trading and other economic instruments such as Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation (JI) projects
- Analyze innovative technologies to demonstrate their environmental effectiveness and greenhouse gas reduction potential
- Conduct life-cycle assessment studies to investigate the comparative impacts of various strategies