Concept & FEED Studies
Wood Group's concept and FEED services provide a solid foundation for any project.Mirage Concept Design At Wood Group, we believe in doing things right the first time. Which is why our comprehensive concept and front-end engineering design (FEED) studies are conducted by applying standardised procedures and best practices. After all, this critical project stage lays the groundwork for follow-on detailed design and construction.
We offer conceptual engineering and design expertise on a wide range of facilities and related infrastructure, including floating and fixed platform topsides, compliant piled towers, subsea developments, pipelines, compressor stations, refineries and petrochemical plants, FPSO topsides, heavy oil production facilities, floating LNG vessels, LNG plants, gas processing and other industrial facilities.
Wood Group has engineered more topsides for spars and tension leg platforms (TLPs) than any other firm worldwide.
Our concept and FEED services include the following:
- Preliminary engineering & feasibility studies
- Concept development & alternatives evaluation
- Site identification & evaluation
- Project & scope definition review
- Cost estimating & schedule development
- Identification & investigation of long lead items
- Hazard & operability studies / hazard identification