Consulting & Evaluation Services
Consulting & Evaluation Services are available on per project or ongoing bases, to end-user or to engineering consultants already on the project, and to original equipment manufacturers. Trouble Shooting, performance studies, and equipment rehabilitation proposals, provide owners, plant managers and engineers, with the necessary data to make informed decisions that meet budget, water quality and schedule concerns.
AWTS Technical Service can include:
- Equipment specification and documentation
- Design or Re-design recommendations
- Process flow diagrams, P&I drawings
- Plant and equipment layout
- Operation and maintenance cost calculations
- RFQ and bid analysis
- Supervision of installation and startup
- Maintenance and O&M crew training
AWTS System Upgrade utilizing the latest technologies and component re-design have been applied to most every type of water treatment and in most every industry application, including:
- Boiler or cooling tower makeup for power plants, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and other heavy industry
- UPW systems for electronics parts manufacturing
- Recycling and Reuse of Wastewater Streams from industrial and municipal effluents
- And many other types of systems
Conversions and Retrofit are often a cost effective solution to increasing capacity as well as water quality without replacing the whole system. Some proven considerations are:
- Converting single stage RO to double stage RO for improvement of EDI performance
- Adding MF/UF systems for SDI turbidity and organics control
- Media filter, Ion exchange softener, demineralizer, and degasifier upgrades.
All types of Separation Technologies using clarification, filtration, membrane, and ion exchange demineralization are processes that have been improved for AWTS customers.
AWTS training for plant operation teams provide the hands-on, as well a theoretical base from which to maintain equipment capacities and water quality specs and improve all aspects of handling changeover, regular and most important, preventative maintenance.
AWTS Product Technologies. Besides the consulting services available, special componenets and products have been developed exclusively by AWTS from many years of field experience and observing where and why critical components fail.
Any of these projects may be typical of your situation, be it a retrofit or an entirely new system requirement.
Chemicals Manufacturing Complex, Freeport, Texas
- Evaluate process performance of a 3000 GPM demineralizer system
- Replacement of internal distributors (Total of 10 inlet, 10 chemical and 10 underdrain distributors for 12’ diameter vessels)
- Internals upgrade resulted in capacity increase from 450,000 gallons per run to 1,250,000 gallons per run per train.
- Project completed, January, 2002
Power Plant, Tennessee
- Evaluate process performance of a pretreatment system that is rated for 3000 gpm. The pretreatment system experienced turbidity spikes that had negative impact on RO system performance.
- Evaluation of cost effective options for increasing system capacity from 1400 gpm to 2000 gpm. This system is provided with clarifiers, filters, double pass RO, forced draft degasifier, vacuum degasifier and ion exchange demineralizers.
- Project completed June, 2002
Semiconductor Parts Manufacturing, San Antonio, Texas
- Selection of process components needed for a 600-gpm UPW system. Processes included membrane degasifier, UV, external regeneration ion-exchange column, polishing and polishing mixed bed demineralizers, polishing UF and cartridge filters for UPW loop.
- Rehabilitation of mixed bed demineralizers to improve effluent quality from 4 meg-ohm to 18 meg-ohm. Retrofitted existing resin traps with proprietary design, plastic resin traps.
- Recycle of 180 GPM rinse water stream from electronics parts manufacturing operation. Selection of process, mechanical and control components, evaluation of EDI/ double pass HERO
- Recycle project qualified for $1 million award from City of San Antonio.
- Project completed May, 2001
Co-generation Power Plant, Cleburne, Texas
- Evaluation and troubleshooting of a 300-gpm system design and O&M problems. The system includes multi-media filters, a double pass RO/ EDI/IX system.
- Refurbishment of three 8’ diameter multimedia filters including new media, new internals, upgrading instrumentation, improving piping design to achieve better backwash.
- Upgrade performance of a double pass reverse osmosis system, improve pretreatment process to minimize fouling, addition of 8” RO pressure tubes to increase system capacity
- Recycle EDI reject stream by addition of tank, pump, piping and instruments
- Evaluation of using sanitary effluent wastewater for makeup to cooling towers high-pressure boilers and other uses.
- Evaluation of cooling tower recycle scheme using softening clarification, RO and evaporation technologies.
- Project completed April, 2002
Municipal Drinking Water, Kennedy, Texas
- Evaluation of pretreatment process and reverse osmosis system performance.
- Evaluation of replacement of poor quality components and stainless steel manifolds
- Furnish replacement pumps and piping components
- Project completed November, 2000