Contaminated Land and Remediation Services
MLM is a major provider of contaminated land management, geoenvironmental consultancy and remediation design, providing integrated services at due diligence, planning and construction stages. We work on development projects, land transactions and on compliance and regulatory issues for business. Contaminated land and brownfield sites and reclamation/regeneration schemes are often complex requiring a coordinated approach to due diligence, feasibility, planning support and regulatory approvals.
At MLM we have extensive understanding and experience of these issues from a site developer, funder and site user perspective.
We work client side advising developers and funders of the risks, constraints and opportunities of contaminated sites, provide services from due diligence up to and including planning support and undertake all necessary design, obtain regulatory approval of validation and remediation schemes.
The Company has extensive experience of the planning, legal, perception and construction issues relating to clean-up and redevelopment of sites, and have a track record which includes projects for utilities, property developers, contractors, local authorities and financial institutions.
Most contaminated sites also typically have other ground-related issues and risks such as poor ground and obstructions and with our in-house geotechnical and civil engineering capability we are able to deal with these in a fully integrated way.
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Land quality Assessments
- Desk Studies and Site Investigations
- Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Risk Management
- Remediation Solutions and Cost Benefit Analysis
- Remediation Design, Verification and Validation
- Independent Reviews
- Regulatory Negotiations and Approval
- Property Transfer Appraisal
- Waste Classification and Disposal Assessment
- Derelict Land Relief Tax and Remediation Advice
- Materials Management Plans and Earthworks Strategies