Custom Designs Services
Do you have a special application that requires a wind velocity measurement, but the off-the-shelf ultrasonic anemometers don't physically fit your application? Call the Applied Technologies, Inc. factory, we have no problem adapting and tailoring our ultrasonic technology to your application.
Some things already developed are:
- Sonic probe for cold climate, which would operate down to -200° C
- Special probe arms designed to adapt to the customer's equipment or application
- Software changes to provide special data as an output, with or without the normal data
- Unique transducer arrangement to measure air flow through a very large area (20+ ft path)
- Using the sonic technology to determine properties of various gasses
- Used the sonic technology to measure fast response temperature changes
- Used the sonic technology to build an intrusion alarm
- Sonic probe for hot climate, which would operate to +250° C
- Built a sonic probe to measure gas flow at high altitude, up to and including the stratosphere.
The company has many years of experience in the meteorological instrumentation field and would be happy to help you design and build a weather system to custom fit your particular needs.
If you are in need of a special configuration of ultrasonic anemometer, or need something designed for your specific application, we would like to hear from you.
Applied Technologies, Inc. started in 1978 to pursue the environmental monitoring industry, and as part of the endeavor, the company has been involved in the design and development of our ultrasonic anemometer. This lead us to other areas such as data collection, processing and storage, flux systems, complete weather stations and radar.
The company has been involved in many government SBIR contracts to develop instruments for the military, government and educational institutions. These orginizations use many of our instruments in their work.
The Key Personnel have been involved in instrument design and development for over 50 years and we have a vast amount of knowledge available.
The following lists provides an overview of some areas of expertise that ATI can support or service:
- Gas Flow
- Gas and Particle Collection
- Water Vapor
- Solar Radiation
- UV Measurement
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Air Turbulence
- Flux Measurements
- Radio Frequency
- Meteorological Instruments
- Data Acquisition/Collection Systems
- Flux Measurement System
- Sensor Components/Systems
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Signal Processing, Conditioning, and Interface Hardware
- Telemetry Systems
- Contract Engineering
- Small Scale Manufacturing
- Government Contracts
- SBIR Contracts