Custom Process & Flow Measurements
Intek is your process flow partner. With thirty years in the flow measurement business, Intek has extensive experience adapting existing designs to specific applications, or creating new designs to solve particular problems. This innovative approach has resulted in flow related patents, as well as the development of units for use in manned space flights, ultra-pure semiconductor service, unique dual gas measurements in power plants, and non-Newtonian fluid service.
Rheotherm in-line flow sensors use 316 stainless steel as the standard wetted surface, with options for other metals and alloys, such as Hastelloy C-276 and tantalum. A semiconductor customer flowing very low rates of DI water in quartz tubing could not have a metal in contact with the fluid, so Intek developed a flow sensor with a quartz flow tube. The meter, with a full scale calibration of 8 cc/min, uses Teflon fittings for the process connection.
Liquid sulfur flow presents some interesting challenges; this non-Newtonian fluid solidifies as the temperature goes up or down. The line must be heat-traced to keep the fluid temperature in the range of 280°F, and often the flow rates are ridiculously low for the line size. Intek has successfully provided the measurement instrument for this difficult service.
Air ducts do not always have nice long straight runs for ideal flow meter installations; sometimes meters must be installed near elbows or other perturbations. This problem led Intek to develop the Rheovec sensor that provides a quieter, more accurate output in these conditions. The Rheovec probe knocks out the off-axis flow components to give a more accurate indication of the mass flow transport in the duct.
- measures only the forward moving component of the local velocity vector.
- permits true flow averaging in large ducts, eliminating the need for field calibrations or adjustments.
- eliminates critical design and location requirements placed on installed flow straighteners.
- eliminates inaccuracies associated with other sensor technologies.
- has accurate velocity vector profile determinations of highly turbulent and swirling flow streams.
- has all stainless steel wetted parts available.
- is temperature and pressure compensated with Rheotherm accuracy.