JT Environmental provides clients with fully developed, implemented, and maintained systems/programs.
- R2 - Responsible Recycling: Was created with the help of the EPA to better implement a standard to promote environmentally sound recycling. In 2009, the American National Standards Institute-American Society of Quality National Accreditation Board (ANAB) announced that it will start accrediting companies that will certify recyclers of electronic equipment under the R2 practices. An R2 accreditation recognizes components of the Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems as well as the general principles and specific practices for recyclers disassembling or reclaiming used electronics equipment including those electronics that are exported for refurbishment and recycling. Any items that may contain data must handled with special care and data sanitization must be ensured and verified by a third party in regards to re-use or overall destruction.
Let our certified R2 Consultants help create a system for your company today.
- RIOS: Recycling Industry Operating Standards, is maintained by the ISRI group. It is an integrated quality, environmental, health & safety management system standard designed specifically for the scrap industry.
The goals of RIOS are to help the scrap recyclers achieve measurable and continual improvement in their QEH&S performance as well as manage all operations within the system.
- e-Stewards®: The e-waste industry has many certifications available. e-Stewards® at this time is the leading global program designed to enable individuals and organizations who dispose of their old electronic equipment to easily identify recyclers that adhere to the highest standard of environmental responsibility and worker protection. e-Stewards Certification is open to electronics recyclers, refurbishers and processors in all developed countries. Any items that may contain data must handled with special care and data sanitization must be ensured and verified by a third party in regards to re-use or overall destruction.
e-Stewards® requires that a company is certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, prohibits all toxic waste from being disposed of in solid waste landfills and incinerators, adheres to all applicable laws in regards to e-waste, provides safety for a company's employees, etc.
- NAID AAA: Data destruction is a growing necessity to ensure safety both within an organization, as well as providing services for other materials that may be received from other outside organizations. NAID is the international trade association for companies providing information destruction services.
The NAID Certification Program is offered on a voluntary basis to all NAID member companies providing information destruction services. Through the program, NAID members may seek certification audits for Mobile and/or Plant-based operations in paper or printed media, micro media and/or computer hard drive destruction. The NAID Certification Program establishes standards for a secure destruction process including such areas as operational security, employee hiring and screening, the destruction process, responsible disposal and insurance.
JT Env. is proud to have been approved by NAID to deliver an Access Employee Training Program (AETP). The employee training program is new to the 2014 standard. To comply, all access employees must successfully complete the NAID AETP. The training is designed to ensure that access employees understand their responsibilities under the NAID certification program as well as the data breach notification requirements of current data protection regulations. Members may utilize JT Env.'s training (English & Spanish) - offered via: in person training, computer or even DVD training.
JT Environmental Consulting is proud to have a CSDS on-staff. A Certified Secure Destruction Specialist (CSDS) and Certified Protection Professional (CPP) on-staff. A CSDS acknowledges an individual's competency in broad range subject matter areas related to the secure destruction of information and the secure destruction of other items. A CPP is the designation required for any NAID auditor for data destruction to the NAID AAA certification.
- eGreen: Created by IATRDD, the International Association of Technology Recyclers and Data Destruction, certification designates that proper end of life asset management processes are documented and are strictly followed by an organization.
This certification lets clients and potential clients know that requirements are met in regards to managing downstream technology and that data will be destroyed in a proper manner. Any items that may contain data must handled with special care and data sanitization must be ensured and verified by a third party in regards to re-use or overall destruction.