Energy and Water Resource Efficiency
Gas, electricity, fuel oil and diesel costs have become a significant cost to all businesses and organisations over the last 12 months, furthermore costs are likely to continue to rise. We know that you will already have negotiated the most competitive supply cost that you are able, so we will help you in reducing your usage. When you aren’t using the energy in the first instance, the cost is irrelevant!
Water typically costs £1 per cubic metre to supply, with a further £1-50 ‘return to sewer’ charge. Minimising water usage can therefore reduce your costs substantially. Furthermore, did you know that if any water leaves your premises other than by way of the sewer (e.g. embodied within your product) you can negotiate a ‘return to sewer’ discount?
Abricon can help with:
- Identifying opportunities for usage reduction
- Energy reduction planning
- Technology research
- Process re-design and implementing change
- Monitoring and measuring strategies including sub-metering
- Technology and equipment replacement
- Target setting
- Cost benefit analysis of change
- Calculation of ‘return to sewer’ charges
Experience has taught us that an on-site audit of your business is the most effective way of both understanding and reducing your costs - there are even government funded inventives to help you get on board.